The Student Room Group

How important is prestige?

Should I study my course at Bachelors at a Russell Group uni, or the masters version at a non RG uni which has only offered my course for a fraction of the time the RG has? When I factor in the cost of living, it's more or less the same... Has anyone ever has this dilemma?
Original post by N-Y
Should I study my course at Bachelors at a Russell Group uni, or the masters version at a non RG uni which has only offered my course for a fraction of the time the RG has? When I factor in the cost of living, it's more or less the same... Has anyone ever has this dilemma?

What's the course?
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
What's the course?

It's Optometry
Reply 3
Original post by N-Y
It's Optometry

I really suggest going to an open day for herts? Although it's a new course it means it has top of the range clinical facilities, which imo will equip you best for when you go into actual practice. My friend is currently at herts (year3) and is loving it. He says it balances the "village" community aspect with a london life vibe whilst also enabling him to focus on his work.

A masters really will make you stand out when you go into practice, so depending on your career aspirations e.g going into education/lecturing or industy a higher qualification may really benefit you.

Hope that helped, keep me posted. :smile:
Reply 4
T
Original post by Indyyyy
I really suggest going to an open day for herts? Although it's a new course it means it has top of the range clinical facilities, which imo will equip you best for when you go into actual practice. My friend is currently at herts (year3) and is loving it. He says it balances the "village" community aspect with a london life vibe whilst also enabling him to focus on his work.

A masters really will make you stand out when you go into practice, so depending on your career aspirations e.g going into education/lecturing or industy a higher qualification may really benefit you.

Hope that helped, keep me posted. :smile:

Hii! Thanks so much for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest