Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Second thoughts, and anxiety over potentially starting a new job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Long story short, I (or much rather, my team as a whole) lost my job or put more nicely - made redundant. This in effect made me somewhat depressed as I really enjoyed that previous job and it was somewhat "easy" for me. I loved the office I was in, and the people I worked with.

Then after a couple of months, I started becoming "broke" as I didn't have a form of income and of course even more depressed. With a lot of job rejections from interviews and what not, I gave up on everything at one point.

However, recently I've been going to more interviews as more employers have been expressing their interest. Every interview I have been going to this year, naturally in the interview I feel scared and as if I don't really belong there. But recently, I went to a job interview and it seems to be that I will be getting it.

I feel so anxious, scared and nervous about going to work if I start. Is it normal to feel anxious?

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to be anxious, but you need to believe in yourself and have more self-confidence. You are likely to have had a lot of competition, and when you land the role, that means you were the best! Put the past behind and start afresh - get stuck in with your job and look to the future!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.