Turn on thread page Beta

Postgrad MSc Psychology Conversion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This one year course at Nottingham Trent Uni is dire with lecturers doing as little as possible to help struggling students. It is a conversion but hardly anyone enjoyed the course because some lecturers couldn't even be understood as their English was so poor. Many read powerpoint slides without explanation and statistics we had one hour per week for first two terms. It was 20cr so important and the other 20cr course we got 3 hours teaching per week. The statistics unit don't care and just tell you to get books from the library.
    This isn't a course I'd recommend. Also few working spaces in the Library and very noisy and the librarians don't care.
    Not sure how this uni survives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr03)
    This one year course at Nottingham Trent Uni is dire with lecturers doing as little as possible to help struggling students. It is a conversion but hardly anyone enjoyed the course because some lecturers couldn't even be understood as their English was so poor. Many read powerpoint slides without explanation and statistics we had one hour per week for first two terms. It was 20cr so important and the other 20cr course we got 3 hours teaching per week. The statistics unit don't care and just tell you to get books from the library.
    This isn't a course I'd recommend. Also few working spaces in the Library and very noisy and the librarians don't care.
    Not sure how this uni survives.
    MSc Psychology Conversion Fall'2018

Sad to know your experience. I have received an offer from University of Nottingham for MSc Psychology Conversion- any inputs on that Univ?

Welcome suggestions! Look forward to knowing more! I am waiting for response from University of St Andrews and University of Bristol.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.