Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, so my school has given us course choice forms and I don't know what to choose. I have to choose 5 subjects.I want to study something with business for example become an entrepreneur. So obviously I have to choose Business Management at Higher level, I got a D on my prelims but I'm 2 percent away from C and my teacher said that I will still do the exam and I can choose higher. My next choice is Higher Admin & IT(33%/B) as I do it now and I like it. I will choose maths and English. And I have 1 left, i have chosen Computing Science at Nat 5 level at the moment but I don't know if I should chose something else that will be important when I go to study business at university. I was thinking to choose Nat 5 Accounting but it involves a lot of maths and I don't really like maths.

I would be looking at whether the courses you will maybe apply to are going to be in the arts, social science or science faculty of the university. If it's in the science in would highly suggest picking up a science subject. I know many people I know have been told to pick up science subjects in s6 from the universities as their course is part of the science faculty.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Your choices seem a bit strange, if you don't want to do N5 Accounts because of the maths, why would you do Higher Maths? Unless your wanting to do a Business Studies degree and then become an entrepreneur there's no reason why you HAVE to take Higher Business especially if you are struggling now.

I would say to either do a science (if your strength is memory - biology, if your strength is maths - physics or chemistry if you enjoy it) but I would encourage you to do a social subject, maybe History if you are good at English and it's not a particularly tough crash.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.