hbjh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so my school has given us course choice forms and I don't know what to choose. I have to choose 5 subjects.I want to study something with business for example become an entrepreneur. So obviously I have to choose Business Management at Higher level, I got a D on my prelims but I'm 2 percent away from C and my teacher said that I will still do the exam and I can choose higher. My next choice is Higher Admin & IT(33%/B) as I do it now and I like it. I will choose maths and English. And I have 1 left, i have chosen Computing Science at Nat 5 level at the moment but I don't know if I should chose something else that will be important when I go to study business at university. I was thinking to choose Nat 5 Accounting but it involves a lot of maths and I don't really like maths.
t_sommers_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would be looking at whether the courses you will maybe apply to are going to be in the arts, social science or science faculty of the university. If it's in the science in would highly suggest picking up a science subject. I know many people I know have been told to pick up science subjects in s6 from the universities as their course is part of the science faculty.
MLM99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your choices seem a bit strange, if you don't want to do N5 Accounts because of the maths, why would you do Higher Maths? Unless you're wanting to do a Business Studies degree and then become an entrepreneur there's no reason why you HAVE to take Higher Business especially if you are struggling now.

I would say to either do a science (if your strength is memory - biology, if your strength is maths - physics or chemistry if you enjoy it) but I would encourage you to do a social subject, maybe History if you are good at English and it's not a particularly tough crash.
Last edited by MLM99; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed