Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

DEBATE: Who listens to music when revising? watch

Announcements

Like seriously, I am really opinionated and I believe listening to music when revising is utterly wrong! Everyone likes a good jam...on the bus-fine. While vacuuming-fine. But while revising, you might as well not, since you'll be concentrating on the music! I think the people who achieve lower listen to music :0

ReputationRep:
    You either listen to music whilst revising or you don’t. It depends really some people can concentrate whilst others can’t, i don’t see the point of debating this.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Personally i never listened to music when revising. Basically because it used to destract me. If it was music i liked, then it would just end up concentrating more on that or sometimes singing along. If it was music i didnt like then it would just irritate me.

ReputationRep:
    I found that I'm approximately 24 times less productive whilst listening to music, so I only do so in my breaks

ReputationRep:
    I do. I've had no problems with my grades and I find that it helps me to focus

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the subject. If it's reading/mesmerizing stuff (like Sciences, Computer Sci, ICT, etc) then no way, if it's doing stuff (like Maths or coursework (though coursework isn't really revising is it), maths is revising but via practice) then yes.

ReputationRep:
    I used to listen as I would study in Costa, so it was needed. but I found myself focusing on the music not my work.
    I have found some study tracks on YouTube which I converted to mp3 for my iPod. these are really good. some are classical, some are calming noises. but I've found my productivity has increased by using these tracks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.