DEBATE: Who listens to music when revising?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Like seriously, I am really opinionated and I believe listening to music when revising is utterly wrong! Everyone likes a good jam...on the bus-fine. While vacuuming-fine. But while revising, you might as well not, since you'll be concentrating on the music! I think the people who achieve lower listen to music :0
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You either listen to music whilst revising or you don’t. It depends really some people can concentrate whilst others can’t, i don’t see the point of debating this.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Personally i never listened to music when revising. Basically because it used to destract me. If it was music i liked, then it would just end up concentrating more on that or sometimes singing along. If it was music i didnt like then it would just irritate me.
username2281157
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I found that I'm approximately 24 times less productive whilst listening to music, so I only do so in my breaks
sundae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do. I've had no problems with my grades and I find that it helps me to focus
centraltrains
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on the subject. If it's reading/mesmerizing stuff (like Sciences, Computer Sci, ICT, etc) then no way, if it's doing stuff (like Maths or coursework (though coursework isn't really revising is it), maths is revising but via practice) then yes.
RuthieG101
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to listen as I would study in Costa, so it was needed. but I found myself focusing on the music not my work.
I have found some study tracks on YouTube which I converted to mp3 for my iPod. these are really good. some are classical, some are calming noises. but I've found my productivity has increased by using these tracks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads