Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am doing a research project on "What influences criminal behaviour?" and I need 3 common theories for crime, which I can write a lot about. I was wondering what do you think is the main theories for crime? I understand there are multiple theories, as someone who is new to criminology, I would like to understand what the common theories are for crime. thanks
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Prrh... there's loads! I study forensic psychology and was actually researching this a few hours ago for a report I have to write. There's social learning theory, theory of moral reasoning and personality theory. Those are the 3 I can think of off the top of my head. Those are all nurture theories.

ReputationRep:
    there tend to be 2 main approaches for explaining criminal behaviour: sociological and biological. Heres how common theories split into those categories

Sociological theories: Subcultural theory, strain theory, functionalism, marxist,

Biological theories: Durkhiem, Adriane Raine, William Sheldon, twin studies, adoption studies, family studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessglasgow)
    there tend to be 2 main approaches for explaining criminal behaviour: sociological and biological. Heres how common theories split into those categories

Sociological theories: Subcultural theory, strain theory, functionalism, marxist,

Biological theories: Durkhiem, Adriane Raine, William Sheldon, twin studies, adoption studies, family studies
    thankyou SOOO much!!! massive help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.