Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I heard a rumour that in first year ravensbourne have 60 people on their fashion course to begin with and drop 20 people from their course and then cut another 20 for final year? Can anyone confirm this??

ReputationRep:
    i meant two thirds oops

ReputationRep:
    I think that is highly unlikely; the course would go bust Universities budget on students completing all three years of their degrees - if they drop out after a year or two, they lose that revenue and would not be able to afford to pay the staff on the course or keep the resources maintained. Obviously it would be better if someone from Ravensbourne answered you, but I would be very surprised if this was true.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Sounds like a rubbish business plan. As said above they work on the basis they get £30k. They dont care too much whether people flunk, but they do care about being paid.

ReputationRep:
    2008/9 they took on 170 students, of whom 30 didn't progress to Year Two.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by rosieridleyx)
    I heard a rumour that in first year ravensbourne have 60 people on their fashion course to begin with and drop 20 people from their course and then cut another 20 for final year? Can anyone confirm this??
    Dear rosieridleyx,

We can confirm that this is untrue and we are very happy to arrange a call with the course leader, for any prospective students wanting to discuss any concerns.

Thank you,

Ravensbourne
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Dear rosieridleyx,

We can confirm that this is untrue and we are very happy to arrange a call with the course leader, for any prospective students wanting to discuss any concerns.

Thank you,

Ravensbourne
    I heard a rumour that you can only get a first for fashion if you can run 100m in 20 seconds while carrying scissors...:teehee:
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by PQ)
    I heard a rumour that you can only get a first for fashion if you can run 100m in 20 seconds while carrying scissors...:teehee:
    Hi PQ,

I can assure you that isn't true.

Thank you,

Row

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.