Leeds or Bristol for Aerospace engineering

Watch
uaegirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello. I got an acceptance letter from both Bristol and Leeds for engineering foundation year. But I'm really confused which one to go for. I'm a Muslim from Dubai and what concerns me most is the quality of education, whether I can find single-sex (females only) floors in the Uni dorms and discrimination. Please advise me of which one to go for. Thank you so much.
Mosa99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First of all there’s no discrimination, and if there’s you can always speak to someone at the welfare team at uni. And 2nd of all you can definitely find girls who would just share a flat or an apartment together!
Ealm7rzi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by uaegirl)
Hello. I got an acceptance letter from both Bristol and Leeds for engineering foundation year. But I'm really confused which one to go for. I'm a Muslim from Dubai and what concerns me most is the quality of education, whether I can find single-sex (females only) floors in the Uni dorms and discrimination. Please advise me of which one to go for. Thank you so much.
Hi I'm from UAE too.. what you're going to choose coz I'm stuck too!
uaegirl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Ealm7rzi)
Hi I'm from UAE too.. what you're going to choose coz I'm stuck too!
Still not really sure. Have you chosen the university? And is it for Aero Engineering?
frangipani19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are single-sex accommodation options in Bristol, and I think Bristol is quite well regarded for engineering courses. However I don't know much about Leeds so can't comment on that.
Aisha T
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello girls,

I am in the same boat, muslim hijabi coming from UAE/Qatar. I was very confused between Bristol and University of Manchester, but after a lot of research I have decided to attend UOB. I will be also be studying under the faculty of Aerospace Engineering and research tells me UOB's Aerospace engineering is quite highly ranked.

I am still looking for accommodation, if you ladies r up for it, we can get a flat together!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads