Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone here is studying/studied at Cardiff University and know what the protocol is if you don't pass all of your modules in final year? I've looked at the university's help pages but they are not very informative, other than you have to pass 60 credits to resit the exams. What happens if you don't pass in the resits but have more than 60 credits?

Thank you in advance for answering my question! I'd really appreciate any advice
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Chloe Hall)
    Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone here is studying/studied at Cardiff University and know what the protocol is if you don't pass all of your modules in final year? I've looked at the university's help pages but they are not very informative, other than you have to pass 60 credits to resit the exams. What happens if you don't pass in the resits but have more than 60 credits?

Thank you in advance for answering my question! I'd really appreciate any advice
    Moved to the Cardiff uni forum, I hope things work out

ReputationRep:

You need to pass all modules to finish your course. If you have less than 60 credits, you need to retake the year. If you manage 60 credits but haven't passed all modules, then you have a chance to resit the ones you failed. If you fail once again, then you have a choice of retaking the year. You may be able to get a degree but it would be the lowest grade possible.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply!
    Just add, if it does happen that it doesn't work and you have to repeat the year, student finance funds the length of your course plus an extra year so you could still get all the funding if you had to repeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Just add, if it does happen that it doesn't work and you have to repeat the year, student finance funds the length of your course plus an extra year so you could still get all the funding if you had to repeat.
    Yes, I think I'd prefer to redo the year again as an external student as the course material will be the same and it's all on LC.

Thanks for the heads up!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.