Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Currently I’ve applied for college and been accepted to do business, media & textiles but I’m having second thoughts. Everyone has told me that those subjects go really well together but business is starting to sound really boring and quite difficult. I’m taking two other subjects that require a lot of time to be put into them because of the coursework and i find it really hard to revise if I’m not interested in a subject.

Criminology is listed as an a level at my college but it’s the wjec level 3, will this even get me into university’s alongside my other two a levels?

Business will help me with my future but criminology is just so much more interesting in my opinion.

If anyone has done the criminology and/or business a level please tell me if they are interesting/hardwork/complex ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do Business man, better spend 30 hours studying something useful than 3 hours studying something useless..

Dont you think?

ReputationRep:
    I was tempted to pick criminology but because it wasn't an actual A-Level I didn't go for it. You can still do criminology at uni (if that's what you wanted to do) without taking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESKETITTT)
    Do Business man, better spend 30 hours studying something useful than 3 hours studying something useless..

Dont you think?
    Yeah i guess so but i also don’t want to waste that much time on something I’m not interested in

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mimiufo;76051032]Currently I’ve applied for college and been accepted to do business, media & textiles but I’m having second thoughts. Everyone has told me that those subjects go really well together but business is starting to sound really boring and quite difficult. I’m taking two other subjects that require a lot of time to be put into them because of the coursework and i find it really hard to revise if I’m not interested in a subject.

Criminology is listed as an a level at my college but it’s the wjec level 3, will this even get me into university’s alongside my other two a levels?

Business will help me with my future but criminology is just so much more interesting in my opinion.

If anyone has done the criminology and/or business a level please tell me if they are interesting/hardwork/complex ?[/Q
    I'm in my final year at uni studying Criminology. I would imagine Criminology at A level will be much the same as 1st year Crim at uni. I would do Business at College and Crim at uni as great.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Seamus123;76051254]
    (Original post by mimiufo)
    Currently I’ve applied for college and been accepted to do business, media & textiles but I’m having second thoughts. Everyone has told me that those subjects go really well together but business is starting to sound really boring and quite difficult. I’m taking two other subjects that require a lot of time to be put into them because of the coursework and i find it really hard to revise if I’m not interested in a subject.

If anyone has done the criminology and/or business a level please tell me if they are interesting/hardwork/complex ?[/Q
    I'm in my final year at uni studying Criminology. I would imagine Criminology at A level will be much the same as 1st year Crim at uni. I would do Business at College and Crim at uni as great.
    Oh really what sort of stuff in criminology at uni ? I’m really not too sure to go into business or criminology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    I was tempted to pick criminology but because it wasn't an actual A-Level I didn't go for it. You can still do criminology at uni (if that's what you wanted to do) without taking it.
    Yeah that’s part of the reason I’m not sure i should take it either but ag the same time I don’t even think there is much of a difference between a levels and qualifications equivalent

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mimiufo;76051336]
    (Original post by Seamus123)

Oh really what sort of stuff in criminology at uni ? I’m really not too sure to go into business or criminology
    1st year. Issues in Criminology - Discrimination.
    Making Sense of Society.
    Research Methods.
    Police, Crime and the Media
    Criminal Law and Justice.
    Introduction to Criminology.
    Criminal Justice Process.
    2nd year. Human Rights and Crimes Against Humanity.
    Contemporary Criminology.
    Forms of Crime.
    Comparative Criminal Justice.
    Radicalisation and Terrorism.
    3rd Year Dissertation
    Disability and Mental Health in the Criminal Justice System.
    Cybercrime.
    Genocide.
    Interpersonal Violence
    Victimology
    Criminal Justice Policy
    Globalisation and Terrorism.
    Modules will vary between universities. And some of these will be compulsory or options in second and third year.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.