Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Being an ex Muslims is the trend these days
    Spoiler:
    Show

Jokes,Islam will continue to grow and flourish,we're already at 1.8 billion baby

(inb4 I get comments saying there are no converts to islam,just the population rising)

Athiesm is on the rise significantly more than any religion. Tbh by the end of the millennium religion will be dead

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Did you only leave because of how the media portrays Muslims?
    Nope, I left because of my own experiences with Islam. For example, many Muslims argue on the internet that all Muslims are peaceful, etc. But for me, my family were very oppressive and hated non-muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Jokes,Islam will continue to grow and flourish,we're already at 1.8 billion baby

(inb4 I get comments saying there are no converts to islam,just the population rising)

It's an awesome trend, loving it!

(Original post by UWS)
    What's your opinion on Lynx Africa deodorant?
    Ew

(Original post by wonderuss)
    I do respect people that are religious, but I think religion should just die out already.

ReputationRep:
    Athiesm is on the rise significantly more than any religion. Tbh by the end of the millennium religion will be dead
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I left because of my own experiences with Islam. For example, many Muslims argue on the internet that all Muslims are peaceful, etc. But for me, my family were very oppressive and hated non-muslims.
    Whilst I agree it's a minority saying all Muslims are peaceful is literally lying. If they were extremist groups wouldn't exist
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well, ever since I was younger, I was raised with the mindset that all non-muslims are disgusting and will burn in hell. I had access to the internet at a young age and I met so many lovely people that were non-muslims, and the thought of having to hate them seemed so wrong.

Secondly, I was forced to wear a headscarf. It sounds like nothing, but it made me feel like crap wearing it. Eventually, I stopped wearing it and my extended family stopped talking to me. Female bodies were treated as being disgusting, as well. It was just so many factors.
    That's quite odd that u were taught to hate all non Muslims because Islam doesn't even teach that. That's culture and how ur family has brought u up not Islam.

I can understand being forced to wear the headscarf but many families now, even the strictest, realise that forcing it does not help thus they accept that u may not like to wear it yet. It's quite sad how it seems that it's the way ur family has enforced certain rules without having the proper islamic grounding to them, that has made u turn from the religion, no offence to ur family ofc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yukikobestgirl)
    Whilst I agree it's a minority saying all Muslims are peaceful is literally lying. If they were extremist groups wouldn't exist
    Not all extremist groups are Muslims. And they have manipulated phrases from the Quran in order to justify their existence. That doesn't mean that Muslims or Islam as a whole are not peaceful

(Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    That's quite odd that u were taught to hate all non Muslims because Islam doesn't even teach that. That's culture and how ur family has brought u up not Islam.

I can understand being forced to wear the headscarf but many families now, even the strictest, realise that forcing it does not help thus they accept that u may not like to wear it yet. It's quite sad how it seems that it's the way ur family has enforced certain rules without having the proper islamic grounding to them, that has made u turn from the religion, no offence to ur family ofc.
    I completely understand where you're coming from. But after I decided I didn't want to be Muslim anymore, I felt guilty. I tried to make myself want to join again. I spoke to many of my Muslim friends, posted on forums to help me find faith again, and youtube videos. But nothing seemed to work. I just don't like Islam or its teachings.

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand where you're coming from. But after I decided I didn't want to be Muslim anymore, I felt guilty. I tried to make myself want to join again. I spoke to many of my Muslim friends, posted on forums to help me find faith again, and youtube videos. But nothing seemed to work. I just don't like Islam or its teachings.
    Well the fact that you did have feelings of guilt shows that deep down you know that Islam is not as bad as what u have seen or been told thru family and others. And tbh a lot of forums and such never give proper advice or explain things properly. Perhaps u haven't seen the right teachings and Islam itself has just become confusing because of so many conflicting views from other pple. It's okay to question ur faith honestly because if we didn't ask questions we would be blindly following rather than with out hearts. To start, maybe look into what ur family has taught u and look at what Islam says about it. U may find ur family have taken some teachings to the extreme where Islam will teach u tolerance and love. My advice would be look really deeply into the religion and everything it says. If u still don't like the basics and foundations then that is up to u. But inshallah u find ur way like so many other lost people x

Well the fact that you did have feelings of guilt shows that's deep down you know that Islam is not a sin bad as what u have seen or been to,d thru family and others. And tbh a lot of forums and such never give proper advice or explain things properly. Perhaos u haven't seen the right teachings and Islam itself has just become confusing because of so many conflicting views. It's okay to question ur faith honestly because if we didn't ask questions we would be blindly following rather than with out hearts. To start, maybe look into what ur family has taught u and look at what Islam says about it. U may find ur family have taken some teachings to the extreme where Islam will teach u tolerance and love. My advice would be look really deeply into the religion and everything it says. If u still don't like the basics and foundations then that is up to u. But inshallah u find ur way like so many other lost people x
    Not at all, the reason I felt guilty was because I was told so often that non-muslims would suffer in hell and burn forever. I was told graphic stories about girls who didn't wear scarves that had their hair literally ripped out - all this was taught at 5 different mosques. I don't feel like Islam is a good religion AT ALL. There's not even one aspect of it that I think is good.

ReputationRep:
    Not all extremist groups are Muslims. And they have manipulated phrases from the Quran in order to justify their existence. That doesn't mean that Muslims or Islam as a whole are not peaceful
    I meant Islamic extremists specifically.
    Yeah I believe that mist Muslims are good people but like every group there are some horrible people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Lool same, Islam is hell. Although I find lots of it really great banter, some of the Hadiths are genuinely the funniest things I've ever read. It's transcendent satire.

Lool same, Islam is hell. Although I find lots of it really great banter, some of the Hadiths are genuinely the funniest things I've ever read. It's transcendent satire.
    LMAO, yes. Might be a bit irrelevant but my grandma told me a story about a girl who didn't wear a headscarf and wore makeup. Then she got killed... and then she got brought back to life and her face and hair were torn off?? And then her family were scared.

Seriously, all the "life-lesson" stories are such ******** and make me laugh. But as a kid, they scared and traumatised me aaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderuss)
    trends die out.....

LMAO, yes. Might be a bit irrelevant but my grandma told me a story about a girl who didn't wear a headscarf and wore makeup. Then she got killed... and then she got brought back to life and her face and hair were torn off?? And then her family were scared.

Seriously, all the "life-lesson" stories are such ******** and make me laugh. But as a kid, they scared and traumatised me aaa
    Life lessons 😂😂😂 Read a Hadith recently which states Allah's blessing of food only occurs in the center and you must take care to ensure the devil doesn't eat the rest or else 😂😂 I wish I had someone to just clean up after, the devil would be incredibly useful tbh, comedy religion 😂

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I don't know what the purpose of this post was. Just because you are a Muslim doesn't mean you have to look down on those who have left Islam.

I am Muslim too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigAnt)
    I don't know what the purpose of this post was. Just because you are a Muslim doesn't mean you have to look down on those who have left Islam.

I am Muslim too.
    I'm just sayin......

ReputationRep:
    trends die out.....
    So do things made up of lies.....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.