Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Islam does teach that. The Quran calls non-Muslims “the vilest of creatures” as well as many other insults. It’s also goes into great detail about how they’ll be tortured and mutilated in hell. If that isn’t hatred and dehumanisation then I don’t know what is..
    that certainly appears to be kinda negative towards us kufrs :dontknow:... but i am not an expert

ReputationRep:
    Islam does teach that. The Quran calls non-Muslims “the vilest of creatures” as well as many other insults. It’s also goes into great detail about how they’ll be tortured and mutilated in hell. If that isn’t hatred and dehumanisation then I don’t know what is..
    lol non Muslims aren't the only ones who will be tortured in hell. Muslims will be too for their sins so we're all on the same level tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    lol non Muslims aren't the only ones who will be tortured in hell. Muslims will be too for their sins so we're all on the same level tbh.
    Islamic belief is that Muslims will eventually enter heaven, whereas non-Muslims won't. Moreover, your comment doesn't excuse or justify the hatred and dehumanisation of non-Muslims.

I am an "ex-christian". The hardest thing for me was coming to grips with the idea of no afterlife. What was the hardest "loss" for you?

ReputationRep:
    Islamic belief is that Muslims will eventually enter heaven, whereas non-Muslims won't. Moreover, your comment doesn't excuse or justify the hatred and dehumanisation of non-Muslims.
    Well no they wouldn't enter heaven. But what would that matter seeming as most non Muslims don't believe in heaven or hell. No loss right ? And I never did justify hatred or dehumanisation but hey no matter who you are we all get slack for something or another so why bother complaining. As long as you are not a vile person urself, let the vile people spit their hate. Shouldn't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    Well no they wouldn't enter heaven. But what would that matter seeming as most non Muslims don't believe in heaven or hell. No loss right ? And I never did justify hatred or dehumanisation but hey no matter who you are we all get slack for something or another so why bother complaining. As long as you are not a vile person urself, let the vile people spit their hate. Shouldn't make a difference.
    Muslims say, time after time, that once believers have been tortured enough and purified that they’ll enter heaven.

It’s not a case of us believing it or not. I was refuting your statement about the Quran being peaceful and loving when it spews hatred and filth about those who don’t believe in Allah.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I am an "ex-christian". The hardest thing for me was coming to grips with the idea of no afterlife. What was the hardest "loss" for you?
    For me, it was also the idea of no afterlife. It felt as though life was meaningless. When I used to believe in Islam, I always thought that if I behaved in a certain way, I'd be able to go to heaven. It was like a goal - a reason to live. Now, life seems to have no purpose. But in a way, I like that.

How can i be TSR famous like you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Muslims say, time after time, that once believers have been tortured enough and purified that they’ll enter heaven.

It’s not a case of us believing it or not. I was refuting your statement about the Quran being peaceful and loving when it spews hatred and filth about those who don’t believe in Allah.
    It doesn't. The Quran simply tells us what will happen to believers versus non believers. Nothing to get too worked up about. It's like the law will tell u how criminals will be treated versus victims, as an example. It's not hatred towards you

ReputationRep:
    Where you Sunni or Shi'a (or something else completely)?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't. The Quran simply tells us what will happen to believers versus non believers. Nothing to get too worked up about. It's like the law will tell u how criminals will be treated versus victims, as an example. It's not hatred towards you
    The two are not mutually exclusive. It can still describe your punishment and promulgate hatred at the same time, which it most certainly does. Saying that calling non-Muslims the “vilest of creatures”, gleefully describing their torture, and saying that Muslims will sit on couches and laugh at their suffering is hatred and dehumanisation of the highest order.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The two are not mutually exclusive. It can still describe your punishment and promulgate hatred at the same time, which it most certainly does. Saying that calling non-Muslims the “vilest of creatures”, gleefully describing their torture, and saying that Muslims will sit on couches and laugh at their suffering is hatred and dehumanisation of the highest order.
    Planta, an individual is given have free-will. Either they sacrifice their life for this world or they have Paradise forever.

Its their choice which matters.

Spoiler:
    Show

Selecting wisely is the best way to go.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.