Turn on thread page Beta

Self esteem at a all time low watch

I have both anxiety and depression, I decided to try boost my self esteem by talking to people on online forums and I joined a discord server to see if it would help. In the end it just full of ***** that kept ignoring me when I tried to speak to them and also when I needed help, yet when someone had a more complex issue they’d get an instant response, some of the time by a mug like me!!! I joined last Wednesday and have already left I can’t cope with it anymore. What the **** can I do?

ReputationRep:
    Are you mad about your problem of being ignored online or is it your self-esteem?

Also, getting online isn't going to help boost your self-esteem (unless you are attractive but don't know, in which case post a pic of yourself on instagram and you'll feel better for a fleeting moment). On the contrary - disconnecting will make you feel better. Go outside, take a walk, chat with some random person on the bus stand (evaluate if they're friendly or not before though), do exercise, go to an animal shelter, go see some old people at an old age home, etc. These activities don't require you to perform them online and you'll feel significantly better about yourself.

No one can make you feel loved but yourself. Good luck, and don't worry about those jerks on discord and online forums, it's a bunch of bogus anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Oooofff the need for attention. How bliss, often brings the worst out of people. Never understood the need for it but anywho, theirs multiples ways you can get attention on social media (which usually gives you some sort of warm feeling).

Let me tell you a secret absolutely no one knows about-you want 200+ notifications? Easy, just make a thread about Muslims.
    Don't want to be seen as racist/controversial? Easy, make an AMA titled "i'm an (insert gender here) who breathes Oxygen, AMA". Go on Instagram, take a hot selfie. If you don't have much friends, or you're not that good looking, go get some "increase followers and likes app" and do that. But the best way to get attention is to chill with friends, or people you love, or people who give you it. I assume you have none though since your chilling on Discord servers for it.

Oh and other people may move onto more complex issues because its generally more interesting. Like now, you have created a thread in order to write about your problems- but the answer seems so clear and the topic is pretty boring. I mean, what are we supposed to do anyway, suddenly become your best friend, take you out to Pizza hut every week? I don't mean to sound harsh but it simply doesn't sound that bad of a problem, but maybe my arrogance is showing since I don't know what it feels have depression nor anxiety, so sorry about that. TSR is generally quite friendly im sure someone may share some common interests with you.

(Original post by kokola9000)
    Are you mad about your problem of being ignored online or is it your self-esteem?

Also, getting online isn't going to help boost your self-esteem (unless you are attractive but don't know, in which case post a pic of yourself on instagram and you'll feel better for a fleeting moment). On the contrary - disconnecting will make you feel better. Go outside, take a walk, chat with some random person on the bus stand (evaluate if they're friendly or not before though), do exercise, go to an animal shelter, go see some old people at an old age home, etc. These activities don't require you to perform them online and you'll feel significantly better about yourself.

No one can make you feel loved but yourself. Good luck, and don't worry about those jerks on discord and online forums, it's a bunch of bogus anyways.
    I just want someone that I could turn to so I don’t have to keep my emotions bottled up, I just wish I got on with people better man

(Original post by mc_miah)
    Oooofff the need for attention. How bliss, often brings the worst out of people.
    Like now, you have created a thread in order to write about your problems- but the answer seems so clear and the topic is pretty boring. I mean, what are we supposed to do anyway, suddenly become your best friend, take you out to Pizza hut every week?
    I don't mean to sound harsh but it simply doesn't sound that bad of a problem, but maybe my arrogance is showing since I don't know what it feels have depression nor anxiety, so sorry about that. TSR is generally quite friendly im sure someone may share some common interests with you.
    Please refrain from ever giving advice to anyone with a mental illness. These bits are incredibly horrible things to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just want someone that I could turn to so I don’t have to keep my emotions bottled up, I just wish I got on with people better man
    I understand If you want you can PM me. I can't promise to help completely, but I'm here to listen if you wanna get those feelings out.

(Original post by kokola9000)
    I understand If you want you can PM me. I can't promise to help completely, but I'm here to listen if you wanna get those feelings out.
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.