Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it is common for PhD students to opt for private accommodation?
    Obviously it's quite hard to tell at this time of year, but is it easy to look for potential flat mates?

I'm mainly considering private accommodation because I'll be bringing a car for extracurricular commitments, and Bristol halls don't offer parking space (I will have to rent a space privately somewhere else). On the other hand I'm concerned if that would reduce the social opportunities I might have with other postgraduates (particularly other PhD students). Does anyone know if postgraduate halls have a decent number of PhD students or is it mostly master's?

ReputationRep:
    Good place to look for room in existing house-shares etc : https://student.spareroom.co.uk/

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.