Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is t weird that i'm not finding a levels hard? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I take bio , chem , maths , physics and im not finding them too hard.Tbh some things are hard to grasp but after a day or two I seem to get it. I came out with AAAA in my mocks , over 90% except bio 65% ( bio is the only subject i seem to have to work harder to grasp) . The weird thing is that I've found gcse absolutely horrible especially english and humanities , i came out with AABBBBBBBBCC at my gcse , i guess my gcse were a wake up call to change my revision and start to care about my education - I never imagined myself to go sixth form , my main plan for year 11 was to go college to do a btec beacuse i was 100 % sure ill mess up my gcse .

thats all

ReputationRep:
    Ahah don’t worry I’m the exact same , I do maths chemistry and biology (plus EPQ) and I got 90% in bio, and 100% in both maths and chemistry. I think it’s probably bc teachers are a little better plus maturity(which a lot of people lack in GCSEs!). I’m so glad for you and keep working hard!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    its not though many people find it very hard....can you tell me your secret weapon coz as for me i find it really hard

ReputationRep:
    It's not that hard, especially with non-subjective subjects. When you know it, you know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeybooooo)
    Ahah don’t worry I’m the exact same , I do maths chemistry and biology (plus EPQ) and I got 90% in bio, and 100% in both maths and chemistry. I think it’s probably bc teachers are a little better plus maturity(which a lot of people lack in GCSEs!). I’m so glad for you and keep working hard!!
    tell me your secret for biology , i went from 85% to 60-70% in bio . I mainly mess up at graph questions. Any tips would be nice. I'm going to do an EPQ aswell smh I am forced to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    It's not that hard, especially with non-subjective subjects. When you know it, you know it.
    i always though maths and sciences were the hardest subject. Anyways , i would never be able to tolerate doing A level history with the crazy essays so i agree
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not really. Wait until undergrad though

ReputationRep:
    nice humble brag

ReputationRep:
    AS is basically the same level as GCSEs (level 2) and then A2 is harder (not impossible though if you put the effort in and it's something you enjoy, and is your thing). BUT now with a lot of a levels the AS marks don't count toward the whole A-Lelvel so you have to do both years content at the end of year 2, so it's a fair bit harder

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.