ed.aes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am registering for my ib courses now, and I was wondering if i is any help if you take the combination of HL bio and hl Psych, I am 100% sure I am going to take hl psych but am starting to feel sceptical about bio as I hear it is a really hard course and am considering changing it to SL (and moving one of my other courses to hl) Is there any correlation between the two? will it be helpful to take them together?
WhatIsLife1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya! I’m a second year IB student and I take HL psych and SL bio. No overlap between the two whatsoever, sorry. Most of my friends take HL bio, and it is extremely content heavy. Even the SL course is pretty content heavy. The content itself is easy, just plenty of key terms to remember. What do you want to do at uni? HL bio isn’t worth the extra effort if you won’t be needing it. HL psych compared to SL psych ain’t too bad. With HL psych it’s just higher grade boundaries, paper 2 is twice as long and you have a paper 3, which is relatively easy. The IA for HL psych is also a bit harder than for SL.

My HLs are German, Psych and English and SLs are maths studies( did Standard for a year, dropped it as I didn’t realise I needed it at the time), bio and chemistry. I know a fair bit about most courses, so feel free to ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (207)
43.76%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.42%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.61%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (101)
21.35%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.71%

Watched Threads