Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 years old and have already gone through 6 relationships and 2 unintended hookups. The most recent has been with a guy I met at uni who was interested in me and was at first very sweet. We hooked up and the week right after he told me hi didn’t really like me that much to be in a relationship. Things like this make me feel like there is something deeply wrong with me, and this is frustrating, because I have no idea what it is. I know I am good looking, i got hired as a model in Abercrombie. I am generally considered friendly and smart. I feel repelled by one night stands and hookups. I just want to be able to love someone who loves me back and not be treated like a piece of meat or a shoulder to cry on. What am I doing wrong? What should I do to avoid suffering over guys that manipulate me?

ReputationRep:
    You're only 19 years old. You just haven't found the right guy yet or maybe you just don't know what you're really looking for. Don't push yourself into meaningless hookups or relationships, you can't force it. It'll come one day, maybe next week, next month or in 5 years. Focus on yourself, your hobbies, your studies, your health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulaxw)
    You're only 19 years old. You just haven't found the right guy yet or maybe you just don't know what you're really looking for. Don't push yourself into meaningless hookups or relationships, you can't force it. It'll come one day, maybe next week, next month or in 5 years. Focus on yourself, your hobbies, your studies, your health.
    Thank you so much. I’m just tired of getting told I should hookup with random people for fun when I am emotionally uncapable.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Forget about relationships and live your life as normal. I know it's cliche but you really do find people when you're not actively looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrinaAdler)
    Thank you so much. I’m just tired of getting told I should hookup with random people for fun when I am emotionally uncapable.
    You don't have to do anything against yourself. Don't do whatever makes you feel uncomfortable or just doesn't feel right. We all should live at peace with ourselves. It took me a long time to realize that there's more to life than pleasing others and living by their rules. And don't tell yourself you're emotionally incapable! You are perfectly normal, you just need to realize that. Live and do what you want to do and tell everyone else to &*#@ off!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.