The Student Room Group

Stubborn boyfriend?

Hey, so i've been with this guy for around 4 months now. he's 29, i'm 27. He's someone i could see myself settling down with - get on so well when its good.

However, he's incredibly stubborn. I noticed this before we met. I'm someone who requires more reassurance than normal girls (annoying but true). Its happened multiple times where i've asked for reassurance about something and he's either given me the response 'why should I give you reassurance, its your problem' - (true, but not the way I thought relationships work).

He also has a tendency, if i ask for reassurance, or even say the wrong thing e.g. telling him ex contacted me (even though he asked me to tell him if this happened), I get the silent treatment for multiple days. I always have to initiate contact after the silent treatment and apologise and i'm getting fed up with it. We're on day two of the silent treatment now, and i'm in the mindset if he doesn't contact me then I am frankly done this time.

Any advice would be fab! x
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so i've been with this guy for around 4 months now. he's 29, i'm 27. He's someone i could see myself settling down with - get on so well when its good.

However, he's incredibly stubborn. I noticed this before we met. I'm someone who requires more reassurance than normal girls (annoying but true). Its happened multiple times where i've asked for reassurance about something and he's either given me the response 'why should I give you reassurance, its your problem' - (true, but not the way I thought relationships work).

He also has a tendency, if i ask for reassurance, or even say the wrong thing e.g. telling him ex contacted me (even though he asked me to tell him if this happened), I get the silent treatment for multiple days. I always have to initiate contact after the silent treatment and apologise and i'm getting fed up with it. We're on day two of the silent treatment now, and i'm in the mindset if he doesn't contact me then I am frankly done this time.

Any advice would be fab! x

If you are having these kinds of issues four months in, I think you should cut your losses and try and meat someone who is more compatible with you
quite frankly, I admire that you told him about your ex. in my opinion, couples should be open and honest about that.

we are sadly not together anymore, but when I was with my ex I told him that my first boyfriend from two years before got in touch wanting to meet me for lunch before graduating and flying permanently back to Singapore. we had been on good terms and i wanted to meet him, but I was worried what my new bf would say. I talked to him and he said that he trusts me, and says that as long as it wouldn't give me any emotional trauma, he didn't mind me going for lunch with my first bf because we had been together for a year and he was part of my old life.

we were honest and trusted each other. and it sounds like you are being honest, and if he can't appreciate that and just sulks, then I think he is being childish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending