Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone changed their driving test centre? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I recently failed a test at isleworth test centre and I'm looking to change to tolworth as it has availability sooner, has anyone else done this? Also long shot but has anyone done a test at tolworth test centre? If so do they have bay parking? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My friend was in same position as you and changed to the tolworth centre, he said they were very friendly and he didnt have to do bay parking

ReputationRep:
    I've changed mine before, however I learned the new test routes first. If you don't, you're going in relatively blind which is akin to driving somewhere new as a new full license holder; it's do-able, just harder.

ReputationRep:
    I've changed mine as well due to the availability being sooner. That said, I made sure I had enough time to learn the new test route as this one had the chance of including bay parking (this was before it was a actual thing when the tests changed in December).

As far as I know, now the tests have changed, bay parking may be one of the manoeuvres you do so it's best to learn it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uptownpunkk)
    I've changed mine as well due to the availability being sooner. That said, I made sure I had enough time to learn the new test route as this one had the chance of including bay parking (this was before it was a actual thing when the tests changed in December).

As far as I know, now the tests have changed, bay parking may be one of the manoeuvres you do so it's best to learn it
    Current guidelines for bay parking are:

Reverse bay parking: only carried out at test centres which have their own dedicated car parks. Test centres that use a shared car park will not be able to carry out the reverse bay park. However, if there's another test centre nearby that could be within reach of a test that has a dedicated car park, that could be used for the reverse bay park exercise.

Forward bay parking (new manoeuvre): carried out in a public car park so any test centre can use this manoeuvre. In extreme circumstances - e.g. lead up to Xmas when car parks are full - a test centre car park may be used for the forward bay park.

I suspect once the public are used to seeing tests in car parks at Asda, B&Q etc. then the DVSA may amend guidelines and allow examiners to conduct reverse bay parks in public car parks as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by EvilShubunkin)
    Current guidelines for bay parking are:

Reverse bay parking: only carried out at test centres which have their own dedicated car parks. Test centres that use a shared car park will not be able to carry out the reverse bay park. However, if there's another test centre nearby that could be within reach of a test that has a dedicated car park, that could be used for the reverse bay park exercise.

Forward bay parking (new manoeuvre): carried out in a public car park so any test centre can use this manoeuvre. In extreme circumstances - e.g. lead up to Xmas when car parks are full - a test centre car park may be used for the forward bay park.

I suspect once the public are used to seeing tests in car parks at Asda, B&Q etc. then the DVSA may amend guidelines and allow examiners to conduct reverse bay parks in public car parks as well.
    Guidelines are clearly made to be broken, because I did a reverse bay park at Northallerton where it's a shared car park across the road from the test centre :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Guidelines are clearly made to be broken, because I did a reverse bay park at Northallerton where it's a shared car park across the road from the test centre :confused:
    Honestly a TIL from me, since my instructor was insistent that he couldn't teach me bay parking in a shop's car park. Both first and third instructors.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by nevershear)
    Honestly a TIL from me, since my instructor was insistent that he couldn't teach me bay parking in a shop's car park. Both first and third instructors.
    Either I had a hard lad breaking rules, or it's not set in stone - who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drivinghelp)
    Hi all, I recently failed a test at isleworth test centre and I'm looking to change to tolworth as it has availability sooner, has anyone else done this? Also long shot but has anyone done a test at tolworth test centre? If so do they have bay parking? Thanks
    why do you want to change? I did my test at Isleworth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Either I had a hard lad breaking rules, or it's not set in stone - who knows.
    Yeah my 3rd instructor had like 30 years experience as an ADI, he's one of the sensible regimental bunch. Some days I really do miss him to bits. See, I do have a soft side.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.