Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Administering Vaccinations to babies and young children.. Life Saver or Deadly? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I saw this post on Instagram today which a woman posted about how Bill Gates decided to never vaccinate his children. She was raving about how she was so against Vaccinations and all the things they put in them and of course the link to Autism. I wanted to know what people's opinions were on Vaccinations and the supporting arguments against both of them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Life saver.

Next...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Life saver.

Next...
    Agreed but not everyone thinks that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElyLaw99)
    So I saw this post on Instagram today which a woman posted about how Bill Gates decided to never vaccinate his children.
    Bill Gates is not an idiot. Therefore he will probably have have had his kids vaccinated.

and of course the link to Autism.
    THERE IS NO LINK TO AUTISM.
    This cannot be said often or loudly enough.

I wanted to know what people's opinions were on Vaccinations and the supporting arguments against both of them.
    There is no supporting argument for not vaccinating children.

Smallpox used to be one of the biggest killers on the planet. Now it kills no one. Zero people. And do you know why?
    Vaccination!

ReputationRep:
    It is irrelevant what people think. It only matters what the evidence says.

I do not "think" that vaccines are life savers. I accept that they are because that is what the evidence points to.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone agrees that the world is round, or that a diet consisting entirely of KFC would be bad for you. If you're going to let yourself doubt overwhelming scientific consensus just because of fringe groups holding contrary beliefs, you're going to run into problems.

Sharing this for educational and entertainment purposes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Not everyone agrees that the world is round, or that a diet consisting entirely of KFC would be bad for you. If you're going to let yourself doubt overwhelming scientific consensus just because of fringe groups holding contrary beliefs, you're going to run into problems.

Sharing this for educational and entertainment purposes.

I'm not doubting anything I'm just interested on people's thoughts on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    So I saw this post on Instagram today which a woman posted about how Bill Gates decided to never vaccinate his children. She was raving about how she was so against Vaccinations and all the things they put in them and of course the link to Autism. I wanted to know what people's opinions were on Vaccinations and the supporting arguments against both of them.
    There’s no proven or even credible argument that links it to Autism.

Absolutely none. The daily mail just made parents back in 2003 Stop their kids from being vaccinated and as a result, often became unwell with measles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    There is no supporting argument for not vaccinating children.

Smallpox used to be one of the biggest killers on the planet. Now it kills no one. Zero people. And do you know why?
    Vaccination!
    The Bill Gates thing is just what I saw on this woman's insta post man. And yes I am very aware there is no link between the two.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doubting anything I'm just interested on people's thoughts on the matter.
    My point was more that not every opposing viewpoint should be treated as credible, not necessarily that you doubted it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    My point was more that not every opposing viewpoint should be treated as credible, not necessarily that you doubted it yourself.
    Ah gotcha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.