Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hiya, I’m 16 years old and I’m really unhappy at home I don’t want to live here anymore I can’t stand it I feel so alone I don’t have anyone to talk to. My parents are threatening to call the police if I leave the house i just want to know what my rights are ? I don’t know what to do.

    your parent wouldn't happen to be religious would they ?

    Childline can offer advice and explain the legal position. Their number is 0800 1111 or you can get in touch online. Don't let the name put you off - they actually offer support and advice up to the age of 18. You'll be able to talk things through if you want to, and know that the information they give is correct.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.