Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am making a fashion related portfolio right now for my university interview and I bought A2 paper but now I'm thinking I should have bought A1 paper to place my work on (I have mainly A3 sketchbook pages) but my tutor preferred me to go with A2 paper because it is so much easier to manage rather than A1. The only thing with A2 paper is that for example 2 sketchbook pages don't fit on one page well they do but it looks really crammed. Does this mean I will have to mount down my work if it doesn't fit on the page and does it have to have a border around my pages or doesn't it matter if it fills up the whole space? Or can I just place my work in a plastic sleeve? (preferably get myself an A3 portfolio)? Or do you recon it would be best for me to just got with A1 as I will have much more space to place my work on? Sorry for all these questions I have a fashion interview at university on Tuesday and I just want to know what would be best. Thank you so much!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by laura_morse)
    I am making a fashion related portfolio right now for my university interview and I bought A2 paper but now I'm thinking I should have bought A1 paper to place my work on (I have mainly A3 sketchbook pages) but my tutor preferred me to go with A2 paper because it is so much easier to manage rather than A1. The only thing with A2 paper is that for example 2 sketchbook pages don't fit on one page well they do but it looks really crammed. Does this mean I will have to mount down my work if it doesn't fit on the page and does it have to have a border around my pages or doesn't it matter if it fills up the whole space? Or can I just place my work in a plastic sleeve? (preferably get myself an A3 portfolio)? Or do you recon it would be best for me to just got with A1 as I will have much more space to place my work on? Sorry for all these questions I have a fashion interview at university on Tuesday and I just want to know what would be best. Thank you so much!!
    Your sketchbooks should be kept with your portfolio - you don’t need to mount pages from them. Universities want to be able to flick through and see your entire sketchbook not selected pages. Your mounted works should be a small number (20 maximum) of finished pieces.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply but I have already taken out my A3 pages in my sketchbook that I think are good enough to show in the interview. But I do have a full sketchbook which I really like which I'm including in my interview along with the loose pages on the portfolio paper. By mounted do you mean take a picture of your work / photocopy it so it can fit on the page?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by laura_morse)
    Thanks for the reply but I have already taken out my A3 pages in my sketchbook that I think are good enough to show in the interview. But I do have a full sketchbook which I really like which I'm including in my interview along with the loose pages on the portfolio paper. By mounted do you mean take a picture of your work / photocopy it so it can fit on the page?
    Mounting just means attaching the work to your backing paper - not resizing it in any way.

If your finished work is A3 then just mount a single piece of work on each A2 sheet with a border around the outside - don't cram 2 pages onto one A2 sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Mounting just means attaching the work to your backing paper - not resizing it in any way.

If your finished work is A3 then just mount a single piece of work on each A2 sheet with a border around the outside - don't cram 2 pages onto one A2 sheet.
    Oh okay, I get what you mean now. My friend told me to put my 2 of my A3 sketchbook pages on each side of the A2 paper to save reducing the size or cramming it onto one so I think I'm just going to go with that method because I guess it's not wrong to do that on some of my portfolio pages. I was going to show you some pictures on how I've placed my work but I can't seem to attach the files on here as it doesn't work?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.