Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm currently in the process of designing my own cookbook. I would love to get it published some day.

does anyone have any tip
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It has to be something that hasn't already been done. Needs to be different from others.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your recipes are very clear, break it into sections (e.g breakfasts, baking, chicken dishes etc) and pictures are very important! People are very visual when it comes to food. Generally speaking if a recipe doesn’t show me a picture, I don’t use it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Make sure your recipes are very clear, break it into sections (e.g breakfasts, baking, chicken dishes etc) and pictures are very important! People are very visual when it comes to food. Generally speaking if a recipe doesn’t show me a picture, I don’t use it.
    There's an art in photographing food so that it looks nice, unless you use a professional food photographer who knows all the tricks of the trade it'll immediately look amateur.

I think it's quite a tough time for paper based publishers, people can get more recipes than they could ever use for nothing off the internet and so nothing has become what people expect to pay for recipies and cooking information. I think you'll struggle to get it published unless you're a celebrity or you get some really original gimmick.

What drives cook book sales afaict is television - see what the GBBO did for sales of baking books... course the presenters anticipate this and get their book deals sorted early, I think people buy those books to feel that they've 'bought in' to a successful TV series as much as for the recipes and information.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.