Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has tsr changed your mind on anything? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I definitely had some colourful exchanges with you when I first started here that I cringe at now! Turns our hurling insults and shutting out ideas that you don’t agree with doesn’t make for productive conversations :banghead:

yeah it did get far too heated.
    I think the next day I sorta wished I owned a delorean... lol

I did have a good long think about same sex marriage afterwards though. I think i'm now neutral on that, neither oppose it or favour it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    You want me to get reported right
    What? no. I'm an atheist and since I joined this forum, I've gotten far more sympathetic of theistic arguments (I still think there's no reason to believe ofc) just 'cos of the way religion is treated on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigAnt)
    I had an account at the start of 2017.
    I had an account when you were still in nappies sucking at your mother's teet.

(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    What? no. I'm an atheist and since I joined this forum, I've gotten far more sympathetic of theistic arguments (I still think there's no reason to believe ofc) just 'cos of the way religion is treated on here.
    Sam Harris, Christipher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins all ruined athiesm for me :sad:

It used to be about radical humanism and overthrowing authority. No gods, no matsers and all that good stuff. Now it's just about being a sexist nerd that beleives in the clash of civilisations *******s.

Stupid dweebs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Didn’t use special with positive connotations there btw. I meant mentally challenged. TSR is full of nerds who lack so many social aptitudes, inter-personal skills, etc, yet they think they are above people. Yeah it’s true that the majority are above average academically...but tbh that doesn’t mean s*** (they think it does). You need to be able to communicate just as well as you look on paper. Otherwise you’re not smart, you’re just a geek.
    lmaoo i know what you meant.

My point was that above average intelligence in our society appears to be pretty dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I definitely had some colourful exchanges with you when I first started here that I cringe at now! Turns our hurling insults and shutting out ideas that you don’t agree with doesn’t make for productive conversations :banghead:
    go to bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    wow i wasnt expecting this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Harjot)
    lmaoo i know what you meant.

My point was that above average intelligence in our society appears to be pretty dumb.
    Yeah. It’s because intelligence is not restricted to school grades only. Another popular topic I see on here is self-acclaimed prodigies with enormous IQ. Funny how they also mention they struggle to get a gf, have any friends, get a job interview...Smart.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. It’s because intelligence is not restricted to school grades only. Another popular topic I see on here is self-acclaimed prodigies with enormous IQ. Funny how they also mention they struggle to get a gf, have any friends, get a job interview...Smart.

I think that guy was a few Kyx short ....lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I think that guy was a few Kyx short ....lol
    Wonder if Kyx is still lurking around. Maybe he’s the one making all those threads:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Kyx was an ok guy :emo:

a bit weird tho' :teehee:

and supported Villa :hmmmm2:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by the bear)
    Kyx was an ok guy :emo:

a bit weird tho' :teehee:

and supported Villa :hmmmm2:
    Yeah decent guy, but quite the oddball indeed. I liked him ngl.

And tbh not sure if he actually supported Villa. He probably just wanted a user title under his name:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Great place to keyboard warrior....
    About the same Universities
    The same supposed career prospect knowledge
    Endless Offer rates...
    and
    An absolute destruction of the maths field of statistical abuse.

Learned alot of transferable skills for my later career

ReputationRep:

And tbh not sure if he actually supported Villa. He probably just wanted a user title under his name:laugh:
    he said that his boss ( a ladee ) was taking him to one of their matches.
    she was going to show him her box.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any of my main views will ever change, as I will always be for tolerance for trans and non-straight people, plus I won't ever really get why people believe theistic arguments. But I do think I've changed my mind on some issues a little over time.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

loved the way he just kept posting photo's of himself in the post a pic thread

He was like the original Hawke :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by the bear)
    he said that his boss ( a ladee ) was taking him to one of their matches.
    she was going to show him her box.
    Wow:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The men are ugly and obsessed with control and manipulating girls.

The girls aspire to become housewives and marry a rich man.

The usual really
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ANM775)
    loved the way he just kept posting photo's of himself in the post a pic thread

He was like the original Hawke :rofl:
    Wait he was? I must be too new here, I have missed those days lmao

What if Kyx is actually Hawke with contact lenses and a few more pounds under his belt?:rofl: (no offence to the meme lord)

ReputationRep:
    Wow:rofl:
    she apparently had an executive box which could accommodate several guests.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BigAnt)
    The men are ugly
    Oh, I didn’t know you can see the men here with your imagination.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.