Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is studying two languages at GCSE hard? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Doing two languages at GCSE is definitely manageable! I did Spanish and German - it helped that they were completely different to each other and the Spanish exam was one of the first ones I had, but the German was one of the last so there was a lot of space in between. I guess Spanish and French are quite similar - which can either be really helpful or really confusing. If you enjoy it then go for it! I knew people who did Spanish German and French and they survived haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooschool4cool)
    I still have time to change my mind but I'm very happy with my options as they are at the moment (I plan on taking english lit + lang, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, spanish, french and drama) good luck with your decisions!! xx
    Thank you, and wow I just realised we have pretty much the same option choices ! I’m doing english lit+lang, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, spanish and french and then either drama or sports science (a fancy version of advanced PE) what a coincidence ! Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zstudent13)
    Thank you! Generally, Is it a lot of coursework in languages or not? They are both completely fine for me, I just wanted to know
    Obviously I haven't started my GCSEs yet but the new specifications have caused most subjects to become assessed through a set of exams at the end of the two year course, without any coursework whatsoever (this includes GCSEs in MFL)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikela)
    thank you so much x and you're welcome!! if you want, i can message you some of my spanish advice and resources xx
    that would be so ever helpful, and it would very much help! my messages are open any time. thank you so much, I hope you succeed very much Xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, and wow I just realised we have pretty much the same option choices ! I’m doing english lit+lang, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, spanish and french and then either drama or sports science (a fancy version of advanced PE) what a coincidence ! Xx
    Omg that's so cool!! I haven't actually found anyone doing the same subjects as me yet If you need anymore help just let me know xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I do love them both, and languages for me are very enjoyable Did you manage to revise all in time, or was it a lot of workload ?
    The workload was fine The thing is for languages they're not exactly a subject that you can cram a few weeks before the exam. I was creating and learning vocab lists, watching Spanish/French TV and doing extra reading throughout the year so I wasn't left with loads to do by the time exams came around. The best thing about languages is that watching shows and reading magazines actually counts as revision haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooschool4cool)
    Omg that's so cool!! I haven't actually found anyone doing the same subjects as me yet If you need anymore help just let me know xx
    Thank you so much!! It’s nice to finally know someone in the same place as me . I’ll message you if I ever need! xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! It’s nice to finally know someone in the same place as me . I’ll message you if I ever need! xx
    Same here!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.