Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So I am a first year uni student.
    Dont have too many friends, rarely go out as friend are doing other stuff most of the time.
    Suffered/suffer with depression and anxiety.
    A lot of day I feel like Im just going through the motions, very little gives me any excitement, even video games or going to the gym its more just routine.
    Also single, try to meet girls never really goes past the first date.
    Spend a fair amount of time feeling *****y and tired, wake up tired after 8 hours of sleep.

Dont really know what to do to alleviate this.

Hey. Firstly, I'm sorry you feel like this, and I hope it does start to improve for you. I too go to university and I would definitely say I am an introvert- I do not do well with groups of people and therefore have about two friends on campus hahaha. I also have anxiety and would say I'm a selective mute...I don't like talking much at all. I used to get really down, especially hearing everyone in halls laughing and just having fun really. Not their fault of course.

But then I decided that there is a reason why I don't hang out with them and that's because I'm not like them, I don't want to go out every night etc. I started trying to be more positive, clear the negativity out of my head. I take a trip to tesco if I need to see other people but not necessarily interact--that's a bit odd I know but idc. I guess what I'm saying is switch things up a bit. Get out of your head, get out of your room, go outside, a drive, a walk, anything. That will help, just a change in environment.

As for the tiredness- I know that if I feel down I get tired even more quickly than usual, I get more introspective, the lot. Maybe find something new to do. I just started having guitar lessons which gets me out for 2 hours a week. You need to do something so that you aren't left alone with your thoughts constantly, because although it's good to have time to think, too much really drives you crazy. Trust me on that. Definitely do something though. Surround yourself with positive attitudes and actions and it will work out. Cheesy as that sounds.

Good luck
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.