Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *Connor27 walks out of the division lobby, having just voted on items that have saved his seat, bringing his voting average above 50% just in the nick of time.*

Good evening, honourable ladies and gentlemen of the house.

To quote the old adage, rumours of my death were greatly exaggerated. With the help of the wonderful members of the TSR Community Team, my exile is now at an end.

My time away from the MHOC has allowed me to ruminate on many things, and I have reached a few conclusions.

Firstly: I shall be abandoning any and all underhanded schemes and plots, I feel that my association with these scandalous affairs poisoned my public image to a great degree, and created many unpleasant confrontations that perpetuated the MHoC’s toxic atmosphere (an atmosphere that I am now committed to destroying.)

I would like to thank my good friends Jacob E, Jammy Duel and Hazzer1998 for helping me to save me seat, and for constantly being there for me throughout this month away; in addition to defending my reputation in the house while I have been gone, all of you are good friends, and I continue to hope to see the AFL approved, a project that I greatly care about.

Secondly, I would like to thank our wonderful Speaker of the House, DayneD89, for explicitly allowing the legislation that allowed me to keep my seat to go ahead on the required schedule, Dayne is a great man and we would struggle to find a more competent speaker.

In addition, I would like to thank CatusStarbright, who has been a true friend throughout this sabbatical, as well as being a moral rock for me. She convinced me to return and be a reformed man, finally achieving my potential as a positive member of the MHOC.

How can I forget Joecphillips? My greatest and perhaps oldest ally. We have been in this since Petros recruited me to the Liberals in what seems like an age ago; you put toil into saving my seat and defending my honour, and for that I am most grateful. A greater friend I will never find.

I am glad to be back, and doubly glad to get this off my chest. But actions speak louder than words, and I hope in the weeks and months to come, that I will prove to the house that I am the reformed character that I am setting out to be.

Thank you all.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    It would be great if you didn't start lying from post 1, we all know that you don't think Dayne is a very good speaker
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome back Connor,
    Enjoy your return back to the house, and I’m sure that things will go more smoothly moving forward (also this is quite an elegant entrance)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It would be great if you didn't start lying from post 1, we all know that you don't think Dayne is a very good speaker
    I do find myself disagreeing with some of Dayne’s decisions, but perfection is an unachievable ideal. He is certainly an improvement on his immediate predecessors, which is all I can judge him against (back to Fez.)

ReputationRep:
    I hope you use this opportunity to realise that

a) actions have consequences
    b) You need to grow up if you want to get on with people in the house
    c) Insulting people does not get you anywhere

Having said that, I welcome you back to the house. I hope you are a reformed Connor.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I do find myself disagreeing with some of Dayne’s decisions, but perfection is an unachievable ideal. He is certainly an improvement on his immediate predecessors, which is all I can judge him against (back to Fez.)
    That's not exactly a lot of competition, go back a bit further and you had speakers who could consistently do updates and were willing to make decisions and stand by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1boy)

Having said that, I welcome you back to the house. I hope you are a reformed Connor.
    I agree wholeheartedly with all 3 of your points.

ReputationRep:
    I agree wholeheartedly with all 3 of your points.
    Good, then I am sure we can work together in the future, but you have to change your public image and that will not happen overnight

ReputationRep:
    Good, then I am sure we can work together in the future, but you have to change your public image and that will not happen overnight
    I agree. And that is why I included the addendum at the end of the post.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t get banned again I don’t have the time to create as much legislation if you need it again

ReputationRep:

A) only for some people in the house, if you are liked breaking rules means nothing will happen
    B and C goes together and once again certain people can make all the insults and act as childish as they want and people here will still defend them
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I hope that you will be able to prove your sincerity to both myself and the rest of the House in the coming days and weeks.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    What are your thoughts on tonight's ruling that Saunders is getting away with multiple breaches of the rules with a major factor being Dayne's thoughts on the rules preventing him looking at the offences objectively, especially given that Saunders is at the heart of many of the controversies that have besmirched your name and more besides?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    What are your thoughts on tonight's ruling that Saunders is getting away with multiple breaches of the rules with a major factor being Dayne's thoughts on the rules preventing him looking at the offences objectively, especially given that Saunders is at the heart of many of the controversies that have besmirched your name and more besides?
    Jammy, we both know that I am a believer in justice being served, and also in consistency of sentencing.

Dayne can do very little in terms of meteing out an individual punishment for Saunders’ malfeasance as that comes to down to the CT; I am concerned however, about his refusal to follow precedent from Flekygate by not taking Libertarian seats as recompense for the illegally recruited members impacting the election result.

I will wait to see how this develops.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome back.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm not sure it's 100% necessary for members to create a whole new thread when they return from their ban...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I'm not sure it's 100% necessary for members to create a whole new thread when they return from their ban...
    Well he has to bait Saunders into showing his colours offsite somehow.

ReputationRep:
    I would say welcome back but I don't think you've earnt cordiality from me yet.

If you are truly a reformed character then I look forward to the positive action in the house.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ] Petros recruited me to the Liberals
    If anyone needs proof why Petros should never be the Liberal leader ever again, this is surely it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Great, this spam again. :rolleyes:
    It’s good to see you again, my heart positively broke when you were sacked from the cabinet.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.