Turn on thread page Beta

The Return. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    I would say welcome back but I don't think you've earnt cordiality from me yet.

If you are truly a reformed character then I look forward to the positive action in the house.
    I thank you nonetheless. We have never really seen eye to eye and this is admittedly more positive than even I hoped from you (I expected more akin to LP’s response )

Here’s to a reboot of our relationship from here on out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    If anyone needs proof why Petros should never be the Liberal leader ever again, this is surely it.
    I have missed you, Snufkin, offsite communications have lost their lustre without you and Joe constantly bickering about Trump, which I always found somewhat endearing.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs proof why Petros should never be the Liberal leader ever again, this is surely it.
    Somwhat do you think of Obama wanting to “know everything” about ongoing investigations? It seems to go against his I don’t get involved statement doesn’t it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Somwhat do you think of Obama wanting to “know everything” about ongoing investigations? It seems to go against his I don’t get involved statement doesn’t it?
    Lol, Trump fans really are clutching at straws. It is impossible to discern from the texts what president Obama was inquiring about, you can (and Trump clearly is) reading anything and everything into it - but this is not going to halt the investigation, Mueller is closing in. Alt-right tears are going to taste so sweet.

ReputationRep:
    I welcome the right honourable member back to the House and hope that he has learnt from his mistakes and is truly returning as a reformed character.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Trump fans really are clutching at straws. It is impossible to discern from the texts what president Obama was inquiring about, you can (and Trump clearly is) reading anything and everything into it - but this is not going to halt the investigation, Mueller is closing in. Alt-right tears are going to taste so sweet.
    I’m just asking you about Obama, why bring trump into it?

Obama said he doesn’t get involved with the justice department but those texts showed he lied what do you think about that?

I didn’t mention the mueller investigation as that is irrelevant to Obama’s getting involved with the justice department, why are you bringing that up?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I’m just asking you about Obama, why bring trump into it?

Obama said he doesn’t get involved with the justice department but those texts showed he lied what do you think about that?
    Tbh I have nothing to say because this is such an obvious red herring, it's really not worth taking about. I suggest you read this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.88b9b9c9560e

Be honest, do you now begin to wonder whether you've backed the wrong side? It seems pretty clear to me that Trump/the GOP expect Mueller to find something, that is presumably why they are working hard to discredit the process - they're preparing to make the argument that this is a fix and the American people shouldn't trust the Mueller investigation, the DoJ or the FBI.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Tbh I have nothing to say because this is such an obvious red herring, it's really not worth taking about. I suggest you read this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.88b9b9c9560e

Be honest, do you now begin to wonder whether you've backed the wrong side? It seems pretty clear to me that Trump/the GOP expect Mueller to find something, that is presumably why they are working hard to discredit the process - they're preparing to make the argument that this is a fix and the American people shouldn't trust the Mueller investigation, the DoJ or the FBI.
    I wonder what you'll move on to next if Mueller comes out with nothing, especially if the "conspiracy theories" turn out true.

ReputationRep:

So Obama was being briefed about active investigations despite telling the public the opposite.

Notice I’m talking about 1 specific text about obama being involved when he says he never got involved in the justice department.

There’s so much evidence that the dems had to pay for a report from the company the wife of Obama’s doj worked for, who then paid for a Brit who was anti-trump and hardly neutral who then went to Russians for information.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So Obama was being briefed about active investigations despite telling the public the opposite.

Notice I’m talking about 1 specific text about obama being involved when he says he never got involved in the justice department.

There’s so much evidence that the dems had to pay for a report from the company the wife of Obama’s doj worked for, who then paid for a Brit who was anti-trump and hardly neutral who then went to Russians for information.
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, you really will believe anything. The sad thing is you and people like you will probably never regain their objectivity. I genuinely pity you.

ReputationRep:
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, you really will believe anything. The sad thing is you and people like you will probably never regain their objectivity. I genuinely pity you.
    What part of what I said is wrong?

Obama said he didn’t get involved in the justice department, he wanted briefings on investigations.
    The wife of his doj worked for fusion
    They paid steele
    He is anti-trump
    His info if came from the Russians or sources who work with Russians or it’s all made up
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Aren't you the guy who will believe what you want to believe, even when your own evidence proves you wrong *cough* bankrupt Secret Service? You aren't really one to talk about objectivity given no amount of evidence will change your mind. I'm sure if Mueller comes back with nothing on Trump you will assert that it is grounds for impeachment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Could have just said hi in the bar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    Could have just said hi in the bar but if you love getting attention maybe doing it this way is better...
    What happened to you being nice to Connor because his indy campaign was successful
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Could have just said hi in the bar but if you love getting attention maybe doing it this way is better...
    Says the man who created an extra thread to make announcements rather than just using AtG :mmm:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    He defected from the Greens and told me he was a Classical Liberal, how was I to know?

This post really wasn't necessary though - a post in the Commons Bar would have sufficed. Nevertheless, welcome back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    He defected from the Greens and told me he was a Classical Liberal, how was I to know?

This post really wasn't necessary though - a post in the Commons Bar would have sufficed. Nevertheless, welcome back
    What do you think of daynes decision that rule breaking carries no punishment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

I wanted to use my return as a way to reboot my MHOC career, hence the thread, I take the point that it’s perhaps a little OTT though.

I am a Classical Liberal, aren’t I?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    What do you think of daynes decision that rule breaking carries no punishment?
    I've been out of the loop for the last week or so as my PC is broken, so some context would be helpful

(Original post by Connor27)
    I wanted to use my return as a way to reboot my MHOC career, hence the thread, I take the point that it’s perhaps a little OTT though.

I am a Classical Liberal, aren’t I?
    Fair enough and I wish you the best of luck

Yes, though you're further right than some other classical liberals I know

ReputationRep:
    Hi to you too! I just wanted to say well done on taking my advice and sacking LP, it was a very brave decision and I said “do you know what, he did right there,” when I saw it.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.