username3781742
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hii, I'm in Year 11 so will be sitting my GCSE exams pretty soon.

I think this Grow Your Grades thing is a cool idea, hence the thread. I'm planning to update it at least once a week with details of my revision/school life/whatever, but first here's the important stuff:

October Mock Results:
Spoiler:
Show
English Language: 7
English Literature: 7
Maths: 8
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
Geography: 7
French: 7
Religious Studies: 7

Predicted Grades:
Spoiler:
Show
English Language: 8, Distinction
English Literature: 8
Maths: 9
Biology: 8
Chemistry: 8
Physics: 8
Geography: 8
French: 8
Religious Studies: 8

After Year 11:
Spoiler:
Show
I'm going to study A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Maths at sixth form. I'll also be doing an EPQ on Physics/Medical Ethics. After that, I'm hoping to study Medicine at university!

Random Extra Stuff:
Spoiler:
Show
- In my spare time I enjoy listening to music, reading and playing sports.
- I'm quite introverted and shy, but confidence is something I'm working on.
- I really like animals.
- I volunteered at a school for children with disabilities over a period of six months and I really enjoyed it. I'm now currently trying to organise some work experience in a hospital and a primary school.
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck! They're a very solid set of mock results and I hope you do even better in your actual GCSEs Keep working hard, it will pay off eventually!
username3781742
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racsoix)
Good luck! They're a very solid set of mock results and I hope you do even better in your actual GCSEs Keep working hard, it will pay off eventually!
Thank you!
username3781742
Rep:
?
Monday 12th February

This is just going to be a post about how I revise, what I've revised so far and how I found my recent mocks (for which I get the results on the 23rd). I'll put it in spoilers because this might be a long post.

How I revise:
Spoiler:
Show
English Language:
- Reading a lot
- MrBruff YouTube videos
- Exam questions

English Literature:
- Reading the texts
- Mindmaps
- Analysed quote lists
- Exam questions

Maths:
- Exam questions

Biology/Chemistry/Physics:
- Notes
- Review questions
- Exam questions

Geography:
- Mindmaps
- Exam questions

French:
- Flashcards for vocabulary
- Duolingo
- Exam questions

Religious Studies:
- Reading textbook
- Quote lists
- Exam questions

What I've Revised So Far:
Spoiler:
Show
- Biology Unit 1
- Biology Unit 2
- Biology Unit 3
- Biology Unit 4
- Biology Unit 5
- Chemistry Unit 1
- Chemistry Unit 2
- Chemistry Unit 3
- Chemistry Unit 4
- Chemistry Unit 5
- Chemistry Unit 6
- Chemistry Unit 7
- Physics Unit 1
- Physics Unit 2
- Physics Unit 3
- Physics Unit 4
- Geography Unit 2A
- Geography Physical Fieldwork
- Geography Human Fieldwork
- Kamikaze
- Exposure
- Bayonet Charge
- War Photographer
- Poppies
- Remains
- Ozymandias

Recent Mocks:
Spoiler:
Show
I finished my recent mocks on Friday after a hectic two weeks of exams. Here's a subject breakdown of how I felt about them:

English Language: English is usually my weakest subject, but I think I did quite well in these exams. The only question that I wasn't really happy with was Paper 2, Question 5 where I had to write a speech about what makes a good education and I rambled on about some irrelevant stuff.

English Literature: In October, English Literature was my lowest percentage grade. However in these ones I feel like my answers were strong, and I'm hoping I did well.

Maths: The papers were quite tough towards the end, but I'm pretty confident I've done well. Last time I was a few marks off a 9, and I think that'll be the case this time too.

Biology: Quite a bit harder than the last Biology mocks, however I'm confident with the vast majority of my answers so hopefully I've done well.

Chemistry: Paper 1 was great - I excel at quantitative stuff, which made up a lot of the paper. I'm very happy with how Chemistry went.

Physics: It was alright. I'm quite happy with how it went, but some of the questions I felt were a bit vague so some of my answers probably aren't specific enough to be sufficient.

Geography: Again, I found some of the questions to be a bit vague and ambiguous but I'm hoping I did decently.

French: In October my teacher made us do the Edexcel papers which were easy. However our actual exam board is AQA, so this time we did the AQA papers - they're so much harder. I struggled with the exams and doubt I've achieved any higher than a 6. I'm not too bothered about this as it just shows that my French needs working on.

Religious Studies: This went fine. I never really revise for it but I seem to get consistent 7s. I'm happy with how it went.

So that's my mocks. I get the results back on the 23rd, and I'll put them in an update on this thread. I'm hoping for mostly 7s, with a couple of 8s and one or two 6s.

Today I'm writing notes on Physics Unit 5, and making a quote list for Religious Studies Unit 1A. Then I'll probably read a bit of An Inspector Calls as I've neglected it a bit recently.

I'm also really happy because my mum bought some Shreddies and they're actually amazing
Binksy10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, sounds like you're doing well. It'd be great if you could check out my gyg
pppopcorn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You did so well in your mocks!!! I've also applied for biology chemistry and maths (and eenglish lit) for a level but I am planning on dropping one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed