Turn on thread page Beta

Meeting boyfriends friends! I’m scared watch

I’m finally meeting my boyfriends friends who I’ve wanted to meet for ages. To give me some peace of mind. They are pretty much all girls and I think it would be helpful to see them interact with him and let them know that I do exist. Not that I suspect anything or will be stand offish I’m sure they are genuinely nice people. Cos me and him are long distance it’s hard cod he has a separate life to me so I want to be apart of it or get a glimpse into it. But yeah I’m going to a house party this Saturday that’s s&m themed dress. I’m scared. The only person I will know is my boyfriend. I don’t have the best social skills and I’m just scared I’ll be the loner who know no body. It also doesn’t help that my boyfriend has prewarned me that everyone will be doing drugs there essentially. And it’s not really my favourite activity I think it’s a stupid thing to do haha but that’s just me personally. Anyway would love some advice on how I can be more confident and open to meeting them all and talking
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m finally meeting my boyfriends friends who I’ve wanted to meet for ages. To give me some peace of mind. They are pretty much all girls and I think it would be helpful to see them interact with him and let them know that I do exist. Not that I suspect anything or will be stand offish I’m sure they are genuinely nice people. Cos me and him are long distance it’s hard cod he has a separate life to me so I want to be apart of it or get a glimpse into it. But yeah I’m going to a house party this Saturday that’s s&m themed dress. I’m scared. The only person I will know is my boyfriend. I don’t have the best social skills and I’m just scared I’ll be the loner who know no body. It also doesn’t help that my boyfriend has prewarned me that everyone will be doing drugs there essentially. And it’s not really my favourite activity I think it’s a stupid thing to do haha but that’s just me personally. Anyway would love some advice on how I can be more confident and open to meeting them all and talking
    Although I can't give much advice, this post made me feel bad slightly - I've had bad party experiences where I felt really out of place, especially one time when half the people went outside to smoke and I didn't want to feel left out so I went there as well (of course, I don't smoke...) and thanks to my poor social skills in that kind of situation I just wanted to go home to be honest. It's definitely an environment only for certain kinds of people...

Good luck
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The drugs really threw me.

I think they key is to care less what other people think and if they are off their heads then they will remember less.
    Tell your bf you are a bit nervous and hopefully he has some self awareness that he knows when you are in trouble and will keep an eye on you. If you dont want any drugs then dont take any and just politely smile and decline. I cant suggest whether to get their earlu so they are capable of conversation or leave it till later when they might be off their heads. Most people wont remember.

Kevin De Bruyne I completely know how you feel. This is why I’m so aphrenrsive to go. I’ve had bad experiences with parties in my teens and so this is why I’m so nervous. I’m hoping a few drinks will help and the comfort of knowing my boyfriend is with me x

999tigger yeah I know I’m not going to be doing any drugs myself because I completely disagree with it all. He knows I don’t like it so I’m sure he will look out for me. Just worried I will feel out of place. Yeah I’m not sure if we will go early or what. Don’t know which would help. I feel like earlier might be better so maybe some of them remember me x

Update on meeting his friends! They were all really nice in the end. The ones I thought would be intimidating were the nicest and the people I thought were going to be the kindest I felt like they were the most intimidating haha. But over all it was good

Tell ur boyfriend how u feel!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.