Turn on thread page Beta

Ex avoiding subject of getting back together watch

ReputationRep:
    My ex doesn’t know why he doesn’t want to get back together. We broke up because his depression made the relationship seem overwhelming, but he didn’t communicate any of this to me. Now his depression has gotten better and everything is fixed. But now he’s associating me with depression so he wants to get over me. He’s extremely stubborn about his view and refuses to understand. When I try to ask him questions about why he doesn’t want to get back, he can’t give answers and he gets mad because of it. What do I do? Basically aha. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I don't think getting back together with him is the right option. Maybe it is time you moved on if he associates you with his former depression.

ReputationRep:
    You broke up for a reason. Never go back

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything you can do except accept the relationship is over and move on. It might sound harsh, but you can't make someone want to be with you, particularly when it sounds like your ex would like to leave that part of his life behind him.

ReputationRep:
    He clearly just doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, not something you can force

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.