Turn on thread page Beta

Should I feel guilty for not revising every day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This might seem like a silly question, but GCSEs are only 2-3 months away and I feel like I have barely done any revision (even though I have done lots, just not as much as I woud like). Does anyone else feel like this?

Also, should I feel bad if I take days off revising, especially since the exams are so soon or should I start to try more to revise every single day from now on until exams are over?

ReputationRep:
    Yh I had the same feeling when I didn't revise for 3 days. Other than that I think I've started to lose motivation, I don't know why but I get very exhausted just from doing a simple task. But I guess we have to stick through it to get the grades we want. Just waiting on the 3 month holiday.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondionysx)
    This might seem like a silly question, but GCSEs are only 2-3 months away and I feel like I have barely done any revision (even though I have done lots, just not as much as I woud like). Does anyone else feel like this?

Also, should I feel bad if I take days off revising, especially since the exams are so soon or should I start to try more to revise every single day from now on until exams are over?
    Lots and lots more people are getting great a education which is causing a flood of highly educated people looking for very few jobs and its only going to get worse. If you want to do anything with your life then you really should be revising every day

ReputationRep:
    If you do miss a day of revision, the guilt afterwards won't make you revise any better the next day. It'll just give you a more negative head space. Worth planning a timetable as to when you're going to revise, with a few days of built in, and treat these days as guilt-free. if you break this timetbale and have an extra day off, though, don't feel bad about it. Just use it to fuel you on, and revise harder!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by diamondionysx)

No you should not

ReputationRep:
    guilt is a really unhelpful emotion when you're trying to revise - do your best but don't over work yourself either, if you do less work than you'd planned in a day don't beat yourself up about it, there's always tomorrow and regretting not doing work doesn't fix anything,i definitely could have revised a bit more for my GCSEs but I would have been so miserable, at the end of the day all you can do is your best!

ReputationRep:
    Revising everyday for GCSEs is a bit excessive this early, but it depends what grades you’re aiming for
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.