Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are the short term and long term effects of dementia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raman117)
    What are the short term and long term effects of dementia?
    You could easily google this. And your question is quite vague. Short term for who the patient the country what?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    problems with memory... at first forgetting where you put things... then forgetting names of people on the telly... as it gets worse you forget the names of your family... eventually it leads to death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RetakeStudent07)
    You could easily google this. And your question is quite vague. Short term for who the patient the country what?
    Yes I google it not find specific answer to put in my assignment..

ReputationRep:
    What do you meant by short term and long term? You mean early symptoms and how it progresses?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I google it not find specific answer to put in my assignment..
    Whats the exact question though? The one you posted is too vague.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the exact question though? The one you posted is too vague.
    Actually I am finding some material for my assignment which is on Dementia but unfortunately I don't find short term and long term effects of dementia. So that my question short term and long term effects of dementia..I hope you understand now..

ReputationRep:
    Actually I am finding some material for my assignment which is on Dementia but unfortunately I don't find short term and long term effects of dementia. So that my question short term and long term effects of dementia..I hope you understand now..
    Short term effects on patient?

ReputationRep:
    Short term effects on patient?
    Yes short term and long term effects of dementia on patient.

ReputationRep:
    Yes short term and long term effects of dementia on patient.
    Well short term would be patient starting to forget small things. They will slowly forget what they did during the day and it can be difficult for them to learn new things. They will still be able to do everyday tasks but overtime even this would become a problem. One word you can look up is cognitive decline. Long term would be not knowing what day it is the month the year. You forget interaction with people you just had. Basically all the memories you formed during the life will slowly disappear and eventually you will have only your long term memories left memories from your childhood or marriage etc. Eventually you will lose these two with time. You could mention how this affects the patients family and friends too. Good luck and its a wonderful thing that you're doing your assignment on this. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Well short term would be patient starting to forget small things. They will slowly forget what they did during the day and it can be difficult for them to learn new things. They will still be able to do everyday tasks but overtime even this would become a problem. One word you can look up is cognitive decline. Long term would be not knowing what day it is the month the year. You forget interaction with people you just had. Basically all the memories you formed during the life will slowly disappear and eventually you will have only your long term memories left memories from your childhood or marriage etc. Eventually you will lose these two with time. You could mention how this affects the patients family and friends too. Good luck and its a wonderful thing that you're doing your assignment on this. Good luck
    Thank you so much..

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much..
    No problem good luck

ReputationRep:
    No problem good luck
    Can you tell me also the impact of dementia on society?

ReputationRep:
    It also affects basic bodily functions. Thins like basic mobility, increased instances of falls, stiffness, incontinence etc.

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me also the impact of dementia on society?
    think about the costs associated with it, like relatives may have to give up work to care thus giving up pay. Increased pressure on NHS and other services e.g. if they go missing and searching for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    think about the costs associated with it, like relatives may have to give up work to care thus giving up pay. Increased pressure on NHS and other services e.g. if they go missing and searching for them.
    What he said. Also think about pressure on family and friends but main thing js the cost for the NHS to look after dementia patients and that cost is increasing as is the UKs population therefore number of dementia cases is set to increase too therefore cost is set to increase that is why it is vital to try and find a cure as soon as we can

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.