Raman117
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What are the short term and long term effects of dementia?
DrLuciferStrange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Raman117)
What are the short term and long term effects of dementia?
You could easily google this. And your question is quite vague. Short term for who the patient the country what?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
problems with memory... at first forgetting where you put things... then forgetting names of people on the telly... as it gets worse you forget the names of your family... eventually it leads to death.
Raman117
Rep:
?
(Original post by RetakeStudent07)
You could easily google this. And your question is quite vague. Short term for who the patient the country what?
Yes I google it not find specific answer to put in my assignment..
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you meant by short term and long term? You mean early symptoms and how it progresses?
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I google it not find specific answer to put in my assignment..
Whats the exact question though? The one you posted is too vague.
Raman117
Rep:
?
Whats the exact question though? The one you posted is too vague.
Actually I am finding some material for my assignment which is on Dementia but unfortunately I don't find short term and long term effects of dementia. So that my question short term and long term effects of dementia..I hope you understand now..
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Actually I am finding some material for my assignment which is on Dementia but unfortunately I don't find short term and long term effects of dementia. So that my question short term and long term effects of dementia..I hope you understand now..
Short term effects on patient?
Raman117
Rep:
?
Short term effects on patient?
Yes short term and long term effects of dementia on patient.
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes short term and long term effects of dementia on patient.
Well short term would be patient starting to forget small things. They will slowly forget what they did during the day and it can be difficult for them to learn new things. They will still be able to do everyday tasks but overtime even this would become a problem. One word you can look up is cognitive decline. Long term would be not knowing what day it is the month the year. You forget interaction with people you just had. Basically all the memories you formed during the life will slowly disappear and eventually you will have only your long term memories left memories from your childhood or marriage etc. Eventually you will lose these two with time. You could mention how this affects the patients family and friends too. Good luck and its a wonderful thing that you're doing your assignment on this. Good luck
Raman117
Rep:
?
Well short term would be patient starting to forget small things. They will slowly forget what they did during the day and it can be difficult for them to learn new things. They will still be able to do everyday tasks but overtime even this would become a problem. One word you can look up is cognitive decline. Long term would be not knowing what day it is the month the year. You forget interaction with people you just had. Basically all the memories you formed during the life will slowly disappear and eventually you will have only your long term memories left memories from your childhood or marriage etc. Eventually you will lose these two with time. You could mention how this affects the patients family and friends too. Good luck and its a wonderful thing that you're doing your assignment on this. Good luck
Thank you so much..
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much..
No problem good luck
Raman117
Rep:
?
No problem good luck
Can you tell me also the impact of dementia on society?
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It also affects basic bodily functions. Thins like basic mobility, increased instances of falls, stiffness, incontinence etc.
lilGem
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you tell me also the impact of dementia on society?
think about the costs associated with it, like relatives may have to give up work to care thus giving up pay. Increased pressure on NHS and other services e.g. if they go missing and searching for them.
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)
think about the costs associated with it, like relatives may have to give up work to care thus giving up pay. Increased pressure on NHS and other services e.g. if they go missing and searching for them.
What he said. Also think about pressure on family and friends but main thing js the cost for the NHS to look after dementia patients and that cost is increasing as is the UKs population therefore number of dementia cases is set to increase too therefore cost is set to increase that is why it is vital to try and find a cure as soon as we can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.44%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (55)
29.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
40.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.37%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.67%

Watched Threads