Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever met somebody who is Workaholic? (obsessed with their job) watch

ReputationRep:
    Not yet.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Well im an A-level student. I don’t enjoy working (when i don’t feel like it) but i think about science almost 24 hours a day.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My old boss used to live for the job. Sad *******.

On the other hand, if you love what you do, great. Even if it does make you come off as an unfulfilled c*** to the rest of us.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I’ve met myself:laugh: Tbh I tend to get obssessed with things and I keep doing them till I am fully satisfied...which is never:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I’ve met myself:laugh: Tbh I tend to get obssessed with things and I keep doing them till I am fully satisfied...which is never:rofl:
    I'm a perfectionist, but I'm not sure it's always equivalent to being a workaholic (even though the two can be complimentary). To use myself as an example, if I could get away with it, I'd only work when the mood took me. I love what I do for work, but if I didn't have to do it, I'd certainly not do it five days a week. I can think of plenty of things I'd rather do instead.

I'd still want everything I wrote to be perfect, however :laugh:

It never is.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I'm a perfectionist, but I'm not sure it's always equivalent to being a workaholic (even though the two can be complimentary). To use myself as an example, if I could get away with it, I'd only work when the mood took me. I love what I do for work, but if I didn't have to do it, I'd certainly not do it five days a week. I can think of plenty of things I'd rather do instead.

I'd still want everything I wrote to be perfect, however :laugh:

It never is.
    Yeah I can totally relate to that. It’s all about whether the thing you do is a)mandatory and rewarding b) you’re in the mood for it

When I’m in the mood for something I can work 24/7. When I’m not, I can still do it if I have to but I feel pretty shite and I’d rather just have a cold one and watch the footy:laugh:

And the perfectionist part. It can be annoying cause you feel like you always could of done things better, but I guess it’s still a good mindset to have. You tried your best after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Yeah I can totally relate to that. It’s all about whether the thing you do is a)mandatory and rewarding b) you’re in the mood for it

When I’m in the mood for something I can work 24/7. When I’m not, I can still do it if I have to but I feel pretty shite and I’d rather just have a cold one and watch the footy:laugh:

And the perfectionist part. It can be annoying cause you feel like you always could of done things better, but I guess it’s still a good mindset to have. You tried your best after all.
    That's exactly it!

ReputationRep:
    yep someone in my family is one

it annoys his wife and kids and various other family members but personally he inspires me. I've always been impressed with people who have an intense passion for something even if that something is their job

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.