Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

His mum sent me a friend request? watch

Last year me and my crush met twice in different events but we instantly felt a spark, though we didn't exchange numbers or speak afterwards. I then found him on social media, thought I might come off too eager to add him so I added his sister. She accepted my friend request after a few weeks. Atleast I thought in my head if he searched my name then there is a mutual.

Since that time, he eventually faded away from my mind. Just now out of the blue I get a friend request from his mother! I don't know what to think of it ?!

ReputationRep:
    It's a conspiracy!

(Original post by JDieMstr)
    It's a conspiracy!
    Lol! I'm dead serious 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lol! I'm dead serious 😂
    I'm dead serious here as well :P

Unless, you're Asian and your ex-crush is Asian, I doubt she added you so she can judge whether or not you will be a potential bride fit for her son.

(Original post by JDieMstr)
    I'm dead serious here as well :P

Unless, you're Asian and your ex-crush is Asian, I doubt she added you so she can judge whether or not you will be a potential bride fit for her son.
    Damn..We are Asian! 🙈

ReputationRep:
    Damn..We are Asian! 🙈
    *Gasp* Damn, good luck then! Invite me to your wedding (whenever it is), I'll be bring some curry (if you're South Asian) or some kimchi (if you're East Asian).

ReputationRep:
    you've got his mum and sister on there but not him?

ngl If I saw a girl come up that I knew [who didn't know my mum and sister] and then found in mutual friends she had my mum and sister on there I would be CREEPED THE **** OUT

I mean seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I'm dead serious 😂
    she wants you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    OP you are weird...

ReputationRep:
    Family can be weird. My grandmother has sent a number of guys I've dated in the past nine years a FB friend request. It's gotten to the point where I warn guys to expect it. Weird thing is we aren't even that close. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    OP you are weird...
    lol dont know why she'd add the sister but the mum one-upped OP's weirdness by adding her...why does the mum even have facebook...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Family can be weird. My grandmother has sent a number of guys I've dated in the past nine years a FB friend request. It's gotten to the point where I warn guys to expect it. Weird thing is we aren't even that close. :lol:
    ...I think you should find a way to change your nan's password so she can no longer use fb

like "nan..you're scaring all my friends..."
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    lol dont know why she'd add the sister but the mum one-upped OP's weirdness by adding her...why does the mum even have facebook...
    Does she even know his sister? Has she even talked to her before? Why not just add the guy she talked to?? So many questions I don’t even wanna know the answer to:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    ...I think you should find a way to change your nan's password so she can no longer use fb

like "nan..you're scaring all my friends..."
    I haven't seen her in 12 years so I think it's just her way of keeping tabs on me. It's become a running joke in my circle of friends now. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen her in 12 years so I think it's just her way of keeping tabs on me. It's become a running joke in my circle of friends now. :lol:
    then tell your nan I said :perv:

ReputationRep:
    lol im jk

ReputationRep:

go see her.

I hadn't seen both my nans for like one and a half years when they died ...and when they die you tend to feel guilty for not going to see them more...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.