Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date someone in prison? watch

• View Poll Results: would you date someone who will go to prison?
    yes
    9.09%
    no
    90.91%

ReputationRep:
    asking for a friend...

like...you knew them before they went..and then didnt hear from em..and then got a text from their phone sent by a family member saying, they'd been locked up and are going away for some time..

would you continue seeing em?? Or act like you never knew em...dont worry why Im asking pls

ReputationRep:
    bump

this is ****ing serious you know, Im making a poll

ReputationRep:
    it depends on what crime they commited.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt anyone would date a pedophile in prison....

ReputationRep:
    if they were innocent then why not ?

ReputationRep:
    Heck naw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by num.7)
    it depends on what crime they commited.
    as in whether it's violent or non violent?

ReputationRep:
    Only if they look like thishttps://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110212141011

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a violent crime then no. If its something super minor like not paying TV license or even possession of weed then maybe.

Im generally cautious of people who've been to/in prison, it takes some pretty poor life decision to *actually* end up in jail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    Only if they look like thishttps://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110212141011
    I swear I knew you were going to reference him as soon as I saw you posted here :lol: You are obsessed woman!

ReputationRep:
    If it was for like a year or two and you were really into that person then I think most people would stay and try wait it out.

any Longer than that and it gets increasingly less likely

[an old friend of mine got sent to jail, cant remember how long for... like 12 to 18 mths and his gf didn't leave him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    I swear I knew you were going to reference him as soon as I saw you posted here :lol: You are obsessed woman!
    How can you not tbfh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    asking for a friend...

like...you knew them before they went..and then didnt hear from em..and then got a text from their phone sent by a family member saying, they'd been locked up and are going away for some time..

would you continue seeing em?? Or act like you never knew em...dont worry why Im asking pls
    Hi Angel

Hows your catfishing business going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    I doubt anyone would date a pedophile in prison....
    wait what..this is a pedo free situation lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if they were innocent then why not ?
    no. they're not innocent. by any means, in this example. let's say justice has been served and they're going away. would you send them letters, visit, send gifts, agree to let them be released to you to live with you etc..?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Committing any form of crime would be a deal breaker for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Committing any form of crime would be a deal breaker for me.
    petty theft like shoplifting and weed or some public disorder too..? or a juvenile record like their last crime was 10 yrs ago as a youth offender..? Id overlook those lol.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    petty theft like shoplifting and weed or some public disorder too..? or a juvenile record like their last crime was 10 yrs ago as a youth offender..? Id overlook those lol.
    Maybe not any very minor crime in the past but if they were currently serving a sentence then that's 100% a deal breaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)

ok well let's say if they were family, would you ignore letters and not go to visits when the rest of the family goes...?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.