Turn on thread page Beta

18th birthday coming up - ideas?! watch

ReputationRep:
    At the end of this month I will be celebrating my 18th birthday, which I am looking forward to.

However, I don't really know what presents to ask for...
    If any of you have any ideas, let me know!
    I love rock 'n' roll, makeup, fashion and anything with a 70s/ vintage aesthetic!

Also, I don't know what activity I should do with my friends and family.... I want something quite chill and relaxed and separate events (one for family, and one for friends).

Thank you for all you ideas!

ReputationRep:
    Do you really need to ask for presents? Why not let people choose to give you something as a surprise. Asking for presents just makes people think that you are entitled to presents even though everyone has a birthday. (People may think badly of you if you do, it really depends on them.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Do you really need to ask for presents? Why not let people choose to give you something as a surprise. Asking for presents just makes people think that you are entitled to presents even though everyone has a birthday. (People may think badly of you if you do, it really depends on them.)
    Oh no I am really not that way at all! My parents just wanted a few ideas of what I might like but I have no idea! I'm not sure how I should celebrate it either... at home or out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girldance705)
    Oh no I am really not that way at all! My parents just wanted a few ideas of what I might like but I have no idea! I'm not sure how I should celebrate it either... at home or out?
    Well if they asked you for ideas thats perfectly fine, there was not enough info to grasp that they asked you, sorry.

I would try to celebrate it at home and out. Maybe have some of your friends come to your house and have a small party with your family together. Then go out and do stuff for the birthday if you want.

Another thing, get a provisional driving license or whatever it is since if you buy things that have age restrictions now that you are 18 you will need it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.