Turn on thread page Beta

Hey!

I work in a cafe/restaurant as a part time job as I am still at school, All the people I work with are lovely and I really want to friend request them on Facebook. But I am too nervous too in case they think it’s weird and also i keep thinking they will find it weird how I searched their name up as we for no mutual friends. I did friend request one of my colleagues before but after a couple of hours I got scared and undid the friend request., I really want to add some colleagues because everyone is so nice and it would be nice to be friends with some on social media. But after the last friend request I do not know what to do.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    When you next see them just say hey do you have facebook? can i add you ? honestly they'll be happy to accept your friend request. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey!

I work in a cafe/restaurant as a part time job as I am still at school, All the people I work with are lovely and I really want to friend request them on Facebook. But I am too nervous too in case they think it’s weird and also i keep thinking they will find it weird how I searched their name up as we for no mutual friends. I did friend request one of my colleagues before but after a couple of hours I got scared and undid the friend request., I really want to add some colleagues because everyone is so nice and it would be nice to be friends with some on social media. But after the last friend request I do not know what to do.
    Afternoon

Don't worry about it at all! If it's the first time using social media with colleagues then being nervous about it is understandable! :yep:

You will be surprise that honestly alot of colleagues do add each other on social media as it's a popular kind of friend group to have.

In my work place alot of the colleagues have linkedin which is kind of like the social media for business people anyway haha
    But, otherwise we all use facebook, whatsapp, snapchat etc

So like the user above said. Just ask them in a convo sometime "Do you guys use any social media?" and if any of them say any you have just be like cool I'll add you sometime
    Just phrase it however you would go about a convo

Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.