Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It’s February and GCSEs are coming up, February is the time I want to start revising but I don’t really know how, like how much should I do , is it daily?? There’s a lot of content so I’m unsure where to start. I have mocks in a week so I’m revising for them but I guess any revision I do goes towards the final exams..

Advice from those who have done their GCSEs and how they revised would be great

ReputationRep:
    Personally I didn’t need much revision, so I definitely wasn’t revising in February. But of course if you think this is what you need, then go ahead, it can only help!

What I used to do is rewrite my notes or make posters, stick them on my wall so I can’t escape revision hahah. But also making flash cards, or mind maps, is a great idea. I’d say for GCSEs maybe do hour long sessions, with a break halfway through to make sure you don’t get bored and stop concentrating. Do this for each subject, maybe do two sessions a week or three depending on how difficult you find the subject (for science for example I’d recommend doing more than for something like history). For subjects like history or English, I’d write out facts, dates and quotes. Talk to your teachers about what is likely to come up because they look at past papers (you can look at them too on your exam boards website). Good luck!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.