Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend noticed unintentional weight loss watch

ReputationRep:
    Dropped a stone and a half unintentionally and I don’t know why literally in the past 3/4 weeks. I’m 7st8 and haven’t been this light since around year 6/7. Now being in year 11, this is so strange to me. I hadn’t seen any difference in my appearance but my boyfriend who loves me so much admitted that he did notice. Worst of all he said he saw it most around my waist, chest and lower back if you get me lol. It was all said out of concern but I just care so much about what he thinks of me and just wish I could put this weight back on, but it’s hard to control something that you don’t understand yourself. I’ve had teachers and family members comment on how much weight I’ve dropped but as soon as he mentioned it it became so much more real. Someone please help me understand why I’ve dropped so so much thankyou x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Personally I would suggest seeing a GP to check if there’s anything going on with your thyroid, because having too much thyroid hormones might be one reason why. Also, not to scare you but if you’re worried I would suggest you just go to the GP to rule out anything sinister as you said the weight loss is unintentional.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^This and
    Have you been eating less recently, for example eating less than you usually would do?
    It may be because you are eating less calories than before which will make you lose weight

ReputationRep:
    Are you under a lot of Stress? I’d see your GP to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    You should see the doctor. Weight loss can be a sign of some disease, you shouldn't ignore it. Your health is much more important than the attitude of your BF to your appearance. Take care of yourself!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.