Turn on thread page Beta

Question about work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’ve been work for nearly 6 months now, and I’ve still not got any uniform I’m having to arrive and work in my normal clothes. I’m on a zero hours contract too idk if that helps with an answer?

Is it right to not have any uniform for that length of time?
    What can I do to get it? I’ve tried asking.
    Just want a bit of advice really ..
    Thanks x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Flower_123)
    Hi I’ve been work for nearly 6 months now, and I’ve still not got any uniform I’m having to arrive and work in my normal clothes. I’m on a zero hours contract too idk if that helps with an answer?

Is it right to not have any uniform for that length of time?
    What can I do to get it? I’ve tried asking.
    Just want a bit of advice really ..
    Thanks x
    What does it say in your handbook and contract?
    What have they said about why you havent got one? have other zero hours workers got one?

No duty to provide one (except personal protective equipment) and they can make you pay for it.
    http://www.portlantis.com/blog/2015/...-for-uniforms/

Imo if its a large company then just ask the manager if you will be provided with one as its been six months and you feel a bit out of place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    What does it say in your handbook and contract?
    What have they said about why you havent got one? have other zero hours workers got one?

No duty to provide one (except personal protective equipment) and they can make you pay for it.
    http://www.portlantis.com/blog/2015/...-for-uniforms/

Imo if its a large company then just ask the manager if you will be provided with one as its been six months and you feel a bit out of place.
    Thank you very much for your reply!
    Every one else working there is on zero hits contract, and also has uniform.
    Thanku for the advice !x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Flower_123)
    Thank you very much for your reply!
    Every one else working there is on zero hits contract, and also has uniform.
    Thanku for the advice !x
    NP just ask for one., but they can make you pay. Ring the helpline and they should confirm your position.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.