Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This might seem like an obvious answer when you read the question but no. My mom does not believe that depression is real. She thinks it's a mix of vitamin and such deprivation, our screen addictions, bad parenting, teenage-hood, and other random things. I dont apply to any of those things so she is going to completely gloss over my claim as a dumb cry for attention. My brother has been very violent against me (and yes I have told my parents an they see it happen daily but they dont give a sh*t) , so I can't even imagine what'll do if he finds out. I don't have the money to get a counseler or a therapist, my dad is a drugged up douche, I don't know what to do! I self harm and I got really close to killing myself last month, I swallowed a whole thing of sleeping pills but panically threw them up. I am really scared because I think like Im not in control anymore like my depression took over my body. Please just give me a solution, not the ''oh get a good time to talk to her'' and stuff I red all the articles.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Popped_balloon)
    This might seem like an obvious answer when you read the question but no. My mom does not believe that depression is real. She thinks it's a mix of vitamin and such deprivation, our screen addictions, bad parenting, teenage-hood, and other random things. I dont apply to any of those things so she is going to completely gloss over my claim as a dumb cry for attention. My brother has been very violent against me (and yes I have told my parents an they see it happen daily but they dont give a sh*t) , so I can't even imagine what'll do if he finds out. I don't have the money to get a counseler or a therapist, my dad is a drugged up douche, I don't know what to do! I self harm and I got really close to killing myself last month, I swallowed a whole thing of sleeping pills but panically threw them up. I am really scared because I think like Im not in control anymore like my depression took over my body. Please just give me a solution, not the ''oh get a good time to talk to her'' and stuff I red all the articles.
    Hey, really sorry to hear that. Only suggestion I can think of is to go talk to your GP about this. Be completly open to them about how you feel and what you are going through and they will advice you on what needs to be done. Good luck and stay strong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Hey, really sorry to hear that. Only suggestion I can think of is to go talk to your GP about this. Be completly open to them about how you feel and what you are going through and they will advice you on what needs to be done. Good luck and stay strong!
    GP?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Popped_balloon)
    GP?
    General practitioner, a term used in the UK for the doctors. Are you from the UK?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.