Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I tell my bf?? watch

Announcements

Around a yr ago I started training at a local boxing gym. I ended up getting on well with the coach at the gym. I didn't fancy him but enjoyed the attention given by him. I'd just left an abusive relationship and the self esteem boost he gave me picked me up. Over the course of a few months we were heavily flirting, sent pics, sexting. I didn't have sex or kiss him. I didn't want it to get that far. I don't think he wanted to either.

Months later I meet a great guy who I have fell in love with. Should I tell him about my relationship with this coach? I still train there. The coach knows my bf and respects our relationship. All flirting has stopped. He messages about my training and we discuss it. He is just a friend now and nothing else. Should I tell my bf about the goings on before him?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you cause trouble for yourself? If there is nothing going on there is nothing to tell.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes, go ahead and tell your boyfriend. Honesty is the best policy.

Treat it as a test of your boyfriend. If he's cool about it, he's passed. If he makes a big deal about it he's failed. If your boyfriend thanks the coach for helping you with your self esteem at a time that you really needed it then he's passed with flying colours.

Well done for getting out of your abusive relationship. Let's hope this one is much better...
    And well done for looking after your body through your gym sessions.
    Best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a hard one to manage, i can understand your predicament. 100% honesty is the best policy but its not something you would probably just come out right and say (in my opinion) maybe if the conversation comes up about previous interests maybe? oh gosh, i don't really no. Your boyfriend could be fine with it or he may not like that piece of information and not be comfortable with you going too the gym. Depends how you think your boyfriend would react. I no you say that your just friends now and that's absolutely fine but he might not see it that way. Again like someone has said, you don't want to be causing trouble for yourself. Im very happy you got out of an abusive relationship I hope you figure it out. Its not a bad thing, and your more than happy with your current boyfriend, and your coach respects it. He seems like a nice guy. xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.