A in Biology
    B in Maths (1 mark from an A)
    B in Business Studies
    B in Economics
    C in History
    C in Physics
    C in Chemistry
    Subjects Studied at AS : - Biology, Chemistry, Maths & English Literature
    I plan on staying for year 13 and dropping either English or Chemistry at A- Level
    I am an Indian passport holder and study in the middle east- if I do well in my UKCAT and AS exams and get predicted 3A's at A2, is it worth applying to Dentistry? My GCSE's are obviously not that great- and the course I would apply to If i don't apply to Dentistry is Psychology- what unis should I apply to if I am predicted the following grades? :
    -AAA
    -AAB
    -ABB

ReputationRep:
    If you look at Dentistry course pages on Uni websites you will soon realise it isnt all about GCSEs.
    Yes you need to meet the minimum GCSE requirements but A levels, UKCAT etc and your Personal Statement/Work Experience count for far more.

There are Open Uni Days coming up in June and you dont need to be in Year 12 to go to them. The subject talks, and just looking around the Dentistry dept, will give you a really good idea of what the subject/career is about and what you need for your application. If this isnt possible because you are overseas, then look on YouTube for films about these Open Days.

ReputationRep:
    Check uni reqs on their websites.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.