Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which university would be the best choice: Loughborough, Nottingham or York? Especially regarding career prospects. Really appreciate any insight you might have!

ReputationRep:
    Totally depends on how much you like the course, how much you like the uni etc. I'm off to Notts in September and know that its really good for career prospects, they've had some awards for employability. Good luck with your decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherineoxley12)
    Totally depends on how much you like the course, how much you like the uni etc. I'm off to Notts in September and know that its really good for career prospects, they've had some awards for employability. Good luck with your decision!
    Congratulations! May I ask what you will be studying?

I am still waiting for response from Nottingham, but have gotten unconditional offers from York and Loughborough. I'm just a bit stuck with my decision, since I cannot decide whether choosing a Computer Science (Notts and York) or Design (Loughborough) department - let alone which uni - would be the wisest option career-wise
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Evania)

I am still waiting for response from Nottingham, but have gotten unconditional offers from York and Loughborough. I'm just a bit stuck with my decision, since I cannot decide whether choosing a Computer Science (Notts and York) or Design (Loughborough) department - let alone which uni - would be the wisest option career-wise
    Hi Evania

Congrats on your offers
    Career wise you'll have a lot of options whether you choose comp sci or design. I would go with where your passion is. Look at the courses in detail and see which you can see yourself enjoying the most. If you enjoy your course - you'll do better at it.
    All 3 unis are great - you won't go far wrong with any of them. Do you have the opportunity to visit them? This might help you make up your mind too.
    Good luck with your decision, and if you have any specific Loughborough questions, have a look on our forum here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Vicky

ReputationRep:

You got an unconditional from loughborough? For what course? I thought they didn't give those out?

ReputationRep:
    My cousin went to Oxford and in his corporate law training afterwards he knew people who'd studied at Nottingham so its good for career prospects.
    May be bias because i attend UoN and really like it very friendly down-to-earth people and a very nice city centre.

The others are good too though. Loughborough is very sporty and generally well regarded. But i've heard York is a bit dull outside of campus...

Good luck!

ReputationRep:

I'm doing History and Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piamiahh)
    You got an unconditional from loughborough? For what course? I thought they didn't give those out?
    Oh, it's a postgraduate design course, I guess that is why

Huge thanks everyone for your answers so far! I am now starting to lean towards either Loughborough or Nottingham, and I guess in the end it comes down to the course modules. If only one could choose both!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it's a postgraduate design course, I guess that is why

Huge thanks everyone for your answers so far! I am now starting to lean towards either Loughborough or Nottingham, and I guess in the end it comes down to the course modules. If only one could choose both!

Ohhhh, anyways congrats on the offers! Good luck on choosing between the two, i'm sure you still have a lot of time to think it through

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.