Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have been offered a place at university but I hear that the maintenance loan for a mature student is only up to 60.00 a week, how on earth can anyone manage on that I though mature students were being encouraged to go back to university
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I thought it was the same for non-mature students - assessed on your income etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I thought it was the same for non-mature students - assessed on your income etc.
    have just learned that it is because of age the older you are the less chance you have of paying it back hence the reason the maintenance loan is so low. I was told that it works the same as a mortgage
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by piperdo)
    have just learned that it is because of age the older you are the less chance you have of paying it back hence the reason the maintenance loan is so low. I was told that it works the same as a mortgage
    I'm not certain I'm afraid, best to contact SFE directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I'm not certain I'm afraid, best to contact SFE directly.
    Thanks I did contact them and it was them who told me the reason for maintenance loans being so low for those who wish to return to HE over are over 60

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.