Turn on thread page Beta

What if I don’t get the grades? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ve recieved an offer from Nottingham University and I need AAA to get in but I’m starting to have doubts and they don’t lower the requirements if they put it as your firm or anything like that. If I don’t get the grades for example I get AAB or A*AB, do I really not have a chance of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    I think depending on what course it is and what the A* is in, A*AB will be accepted ( exceptions to this are for example, if you are applying for medicine and you get the B in chemistry).

Even with AAB for many courses they will have you in consideration, so not 100% out of it.

But you have 4 months so work hard and aim for the top grades, and hopefully youll get AAA or even higher

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michimimi)
    I’ve recieved an offer from Nottingham University and I need AAA to get in but I’m starting to have doubts and they don’t lower the requirements if they put it as your firm or anything like that. If I don’t get the grades for example I get AAB or A*AB, do I really not have a chance of getting in?
    If you get AAA the university has to accept you - you're guaranteed a place. I you don't (and A*AB counts as not meeting the requirements) then they can give you a place but don't have to, so it'll depend on how competitive your course is, how many others missed their offer and how much the uni liked your application when you applied.

If you miss the offer by only one grade and in a subject that isn't so relevant to the degree, the chances are quite high that they'll let you in anyway. What is your insurance choice? The idea is that this is an offer you're sure you can meet and would still be happy to go to, so it takes away some of the stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    What course are you applying for?
    I’m applying for economics but I think I’ll get a B in psychology
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Usually A*AB, won't count as meeting requirements of AAA, but it depends on how competitive economics is at Nottingham.
    It would be best if you could email the admissions tutors about your query as they would give you a more helpful response.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Looking at...
    https://unistats.ac.uk/subjects/entr...L100/ReturnTo/
    ...only 2% have below AAA (ie 144 points), so it's possible but it would be best to hit that AAA to be sure.

Edit, actually it will be a bit higher than that because EPQs and AS-levels dropped for A2 will be adding to those students UCAS points. So you might be ok after all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.