Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently dropped out of uni in the first few weeks of my second term

I was wondering if anyone knew if I would have to pay back my maintenance loan straight away as I still have around £1000 of it in my bank account as it was paid in a few weeks before I dropped out.

Any help would be apprechiated
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by AbbieLuxon)
    I recently dropped out of uni in the first few weeks of my second term

I was wondering if anyone knew if I would have to pay back my maintenance loan straight away as I still have around £1000 of it in my bank account as it was paid in a few weeks before I dropped out.

Any help would be apprechiated
    Hi Abbie,

You are only entitled to student Finance for the time that you were in attendance on your course. If you left prior to the end of a term then you will have been overpaid and have a loan overpayment.
    Student Finance will contact you by letter to advise of the overpayment and the amount. You must contact us to discuss repaying this back immediately.

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise E SFE)
    Hi Abbie,

You are only entitled to student Finance for the time that you were in attendance on your course. If you left prior to the end of a term then you will have been overpaid and have a loan overpayment.
    Student Finance will contact you by letter to advise of the overpayment and the amount. You must contact us to discuss repaying this back immediately.

Thanks

Louise
    Thanks so much. Do you have any idea how much they are likely to claim back if I left in the third week of my second term?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by AbbieLuxon)
    Thanks so much. Do you have any idea how much they are likely to claim back if I left in the third week of my second term?
    Hi Abbie,

A letter will be sent to advise the amount of the over-payment when this has been calculated.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.