Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I have gone back to Uni after 6 weeks off Maternity Leave and in my 2nd Year. I'm a single mum and just applied for a 2 bed Flat (£79 per week). I get £500 NHS Bursary a month but have not took the student loan out.I also get Child Benefit (£82) and Child Tax Credits (£252) so overall I get about £824 a month. Would I be able to receive help with housing benefits? Seems a shame if I couldn't as I know Single Mums that haven't worked a day or been in education that get everything paid for, yet I'd be struggling even though I am trying my best to have a good career.
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.