Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got my test today at 2:30pm, I've taken two tests previously but they were before the change - June & July (didn't like old instructor and lost motivation).

I'd like to know what you thought if you've done both or only the new one?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get on?
    And what did you think of the differences?

I don't think there's a lot in it between them, but the independent drive if you get satnav is simpler as it removes the independent part by giving you a load of directions for the junction/roundabout. The manoeuvres are more real-life as well although I wish they had kept the TIR in the test as many instructors won't teach it now but it's one of the non-parking manoeuvres that you're likely to make use of.

People will still fail and for the same reasons as before the changes - e.g. lack of observation or mirror use, straight lining across roundabouts without checking mirrors first, not stopping at STOP lines. None of which are to do with old or new test.

ReputationRep:
    I think it'd be very unusual for someone to fail for something that they wouldn't have failed on the old test. Even though we have two new manoeuvres, you'd have probably botched a parallel park if you can't somehow manage it into a bay (which to me, is far easier)

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.